PREDACON 2012

I think this is awesome I was hoping this would come to pass with MONSTERPALOOZA being the 25th Anniversary of Predator. Me and Eliot did in fact discuss something to this effect back in April 17th after Monsterpalooza very glad that we are a part of this. Not High jacking the thread or anything just saying that the idea was indeed thrown around.
April 17Sent from ChatGlendon Taylor Hey Elliot I was wondering if you would be willing to do anything special for next year for the 25th Anniversary of Predator?
April 17Sent from ChatEliot Monsterpalooza Brodsky
I would be interested in having Winston Studio/Legacy on board with a special element devoted to Kevin Peter Hall
April 17Sent from ChatGlendon Taylor
I agree he passed away on 04/10/1991 I was suprised that his photo was not displayed during the Men in suits Panel, but I can understand of time constraints
He was a much loved actor who is deserving of a presentation.
Absolutely I just think Monsterpalooza is the perfect setting for that time type of presentation of the Predator for 2012
i will see what i can pull together
If you need any help I would love to particpate

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet! I should have my suit done in time for that. I also have a lot of relatives in Cali that I can stay with to keep costs down.

I

Awesome! finally on a date that i am off and could attend. I am going to try and make it as well. I have never been to a Con before so this would be a cool one to start with.

Cheers Andrew for looking into this again.

for anyone who knows me and how long i've been doing this , a predacon has always been a goal, i really like the fact that the spirit of this event (if we can pull it off) honors the 2 most important people involved with our hobby.

Stan and kevin...I wonder if they would be proud of our legacy to them. i hope they would be.

Just reserved a room. No way am I missing this. If you call to make a reservation make sure you mention its for the con and you will get the con rate. All suites are gone, only reg rooms left at $115.00 a night. Im checking in Thursday night, leaving Monday morning. Hunters...get your Pred asses there!

I like the idea of going to a convention where I don't have to march from one hotel to another in 90 degree heat. I just made my reservations at the Marriott in beautiful downtown Burbank. (OK, so it's really closer to the airport than downtown, and I'm making a very old reference from "Laugh-In".) I'll have to figure out flight reservations at some point, too. And, for additional entertainment, I could try to get an entire Predator suit onto a Canadair Regional Jet.

How many people usually come to this convention? Is it mostly industry insiders, or a lot of the general public who are interested in monsters?

best wishes to all attending, it will be hard for me as it is for some others to attend but, i will keep my hopes up, , my question is , are all gonne be in Cali, not trying to ged ahead of my self here but, would be great if we can have one in cal, next chicago ,then NY etc etc... just a question , i can't even imagine what Kit and the others are going thru to get this ball rolling.... my hat goes off to them, if its only in Cal, thats great too, if i cant make it to the first PREDACON ,,i make sure to be there for the next one......

looks like i will be coming!
im soooo exicted!

im looking at flight info and whatnot right now. gonna most likely come thur night and leave mon morning as well.

for the con, it says tickets to be sold at the door. but it says you can buy em online. anyone care to inform me on what's up?

for the con, it says tickets to be sold at the door. but it says you can buy em online. anyone care to inform me on what's up?

You can buy them online or at the door basically is what it is saying for those that don't wish to purchase them online.

have been reading this thread ,must have missed the dates for this con,what r the dates for this?this is great news!!!

The dates again are Friday April 13th through Sunday April the 15th. Just to let you guys know that this year's Monsterpalooza was crazy on Sat they were turning people away because they were at max capacity at one point and people were waiting until the capacity level was low enough to get through the door. I'm also going to be celebrating my Birthday like I do every year at the event, so I'm very excited that most of my brothers and sisters will be there (y)

hey guys, slow your role a bit...let me get the ball rolling on details before anything is planned..... we still got a ways to go

ya bunch of half ass mountain boys :devil:

well even if it doesnt happen, it will still be cool to get to talk to some of the pros, and meet up with you guys.

I know it is still early, as andrew stated we are kinda jumping the gun. BUT nevermind all this PREDACON buisness, Monsterpalooza seems like a damn fine CON to attend. Especially since we got a large crew from the Board out that way, I can forsee a serious amount of Partying going on. WHICH MEANS.... I AM THERE!

I am gonna reserve a room as well, before they dry up.

I dunno how everyone buys plane tickets. But for what its worth, I purchased two tickets Non Stop Via PRICELINE.com to attend Dragon Con. I got them super cheap approx 30 days before the event and there were no surprises. Roundtrip cost for one person was 220.00. Granted this was Boston to Atlanta. A Quick flight. But the regular going rate was 350.00 rountrip. So I saved quite a bit.

I mention this becuase I was really worried about being dicked around by priceline, but there was ZERO fuss.

I cant wait to party with everyone!! This time NO MOONSHINE please.

Well, I got the wife on board. Now I just need to decide how many days to be there.

Predicon or not, I dare say that this sounds more fun than SDCC.

Ok if everyone else is on board with or without a predator event. I am going to be there! This will be my first con ever and the first time I ever suit up with other preds. I have been looking forward to meeting so many of you for such a long time. For me this will be EPIC.

Ok Even if the pred part of the event does not happen I think it would be cool start a head count of those attending
a for sure and a maybe. Ill start it out

ATTENDING

VInmanmac - Fo Sho!

I'm a maybe. It's going to have to be a Predacon or else I fear I can't justify spending the cash to get out there. If I can play the early college graduation present card, maybe I can swing it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back