PREDACON 2012

There ARE other people here capable of helping out ya know.
Didnt mean that to not recognize anyone else my friend-- I know there is a wealth of talent and people here that are willing to jump in. Just need someone to pull them together and since it was Kithunters idea --just addressed it to him and gene-- No disrespect meant at all!!!
Im sure there are more than capable people here.

to be fair, the whole predacon idea was hatched years ago. it was something that lee and i had discussed something like 6 years ago. It's always been a goal to have an event take place.

It's become even more of a realization that it could happen after all the gatherings worldwide of our brothers and sisters at other cons and events. again for something like this to take place it's going to require lots of legwork and dedication.

as for the sponsors, the event has to be beneficial Financially.

Damn...I had no idea.

OK, so no Arnold....but I say do it anyway.

It will be the first con of its kind...and more than likely not its last. Just like the Hunters Lair....a small and seemingly lost group of predfans when it first started...but look at this place now!
Anyone and everyone into the Predator Universe comes here for their fix. Lost group of predfans my arse, this place is now chalk full of the some of the most talented and passionate artists, costumers and fans around...and I suspect this community would show their support by participating and attending Predacon!

Andrew I'm still in....find a way to make this happen, and I'll make the worlds first Predator: Leather Jacket which will proudly be donated for auction.

Guys....Gals....SDCC, Dragon Con...most cons started this exact same way.

David

I TRIED..... I TRIED!!!!!! :)

in all seriousness if i get a chance to speak to the fox executives at nycc this year i'll make sure to talk to them about it...

I totally get not wanting to go through with it without Dutch...but I mean, I'm kind of with the rest of the guys here. We could still have a helluva time if we stuck to the plan and did everything as planned.

Guys, the funding which enabled us to piggy back has gone with the sponsers, so its a case of no funding stopping it, not Arnie pulling out or us pulling out etc.

Understandable...Well, there is still the future. An all Predator con will happen eventually if we stick with it. Sounds like DragonCon is going to be a pretty awesome showing of the Lair this fall!

Dragon*Con = always a good time! An all PredCon....hell, I'd just wear my suit all weekend!
Just take it off long enough to hose it out and sleep!

Thank you Andrew, Lee, clay, menegene and all the others who tried to get this event of the ground.
I have faith that THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN.
It may not be this year or next week but it will happen.
If we didn't have faith in Kithunter, the other members or the Lair we wouldn't be here.
I am so proud to be a member of this comunity and i always will be.
Long live The Hunters Lair
John

If a con like this will happen I bet there will be a lot preds from outer space tho... :)

what do you think will an event like this cost that you need some sponsors?

I can not believe ( and I’m quite ashamed, I must admit )that I missed this thread! I don’t know where to begin, reading through this thread I believe I’ve run the entire gamut of human emotions, but yet I’m left feeling optimistic.
All the work you and the others have done isn’t for nothing, it isn’t in vain. I don’t think Predacon is done for. Things aren’t always as they seem. You and the others have gotten a lot farther than you think and give yourselves credit for. The “big dogs” now know of us( The Lair) and how serious, dedicated, organized, talent….in other words, how beneficial we can be to them. I willing to bet some of those “bid dogs” are still mulling the concept of a Predacon around in their heads…You and the other have planted the seeds of an awesome dream and the harvest will come..Just give it some time.
~Estelle

Yep. I couldn’t agree more…The possibility of a Predacon would open a world of opportunities for many here, especially our Lair artist- think of the recognition they could gain!!! I would be jumping out of my skin excited about this!!! With all the foot work Andrew and the others have laid down it would be a slap in the face to them and the Lair as a whole if we let this slip away. This brings to mind the opening lyrics of a popular song, a song whose lyrics ring true for bringing about Predacon.
“Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity
to seize everything you ever wanted, one moment
Would you capture it, or just let it slip?”
(Loose Yourself – Eminem)
~Estelle

This would be one event that I would not wish to miss.

You had better not miss it! Lol! who knows, with FOX’s blessing behind Predacon there may be hope of possible publication for those of us dabbling in writing . :p
~Estelle
What did you think of the link?Checkout that site yet?

You had better not miss it! Lol! who knows, with FOX’s blessing behind Predacon there may be hope of possible publication for those of us dabbling in writing . ;)
~Estelle
What did you think of the link?Checkout that site yet?

I did. Great insight there. Thanks again :p

I can't believe I'm just seeing this thread for the first time as well?! I need to get my forum usage up to snuff!

Kudos to everyone who worked so hard and got so close to making this event possible. And for keeping it so close to the chest. That must not have been an easy task!

It's unfortunate that things played out the way they did but I have no doubt that this could become a reality at a later time. The ground work has been laid and although there is still an unimaginable amount of effort required to get it back in motion, I know this is the group capable of doing it.

My hat's off to everyone involved. If down the line, I am in a position to help in any way, I'd be all over it. Long live the lair!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back