Power Rangers Zeo Zeonizer

Hey, guys... just wanted to share a few pics of a little mod I did for an old Power Rangers toy/prop.

Quick backstory-- I recently found out that Netflix has all the seasons of Power Rangers available for streaming, so I've been having a bit of a nostalgic view of some of the older episodes. It got me to thinking about some of my MMPR toys that I still have around. I never had a "real" Morpher; I only had a later version that didn't open up like the original. It had a magic-motion disc in the middle instead of the Power Coin. That was pretty much in terrible shape; most of it was falling apart, and there was serious battery leakage. But I did have both parts of my Zeonizer from when the show became Power Rangers Zeo. It was in relatively good shape, but the wrist straps were long gone. So I decided to make up some new ones. I was going to simply remake what the toy had-- something fairly simple, maybe black vinyl with velcro. But then I got to thinking that I could make something more substantial, so I thought of doing it out of leather. I took a cue from some of the wristwatch straps I have, and decided to do a two-layer design. I had some black leather that I was able to sew for the thinner strap, and then I cut down and used some leather belts for the thicker strap. I riveted one strap to the other (using both gold- and silver-tone rivets, seeing as how the Zeonizer had both gold and silver in it), and attached some snaps to act as the closures. I also repainted the black parts of the Zeonizer itself, and instead of the solid black that was on the original, I used a metallic black, just to spice it up a little (you can see the flakes in the last pic).

So there ya go... an upgraded Zeonizer. I know the straps are far from screen accurate, but I wasn't going for that. I was looking to make something a bit more beefy and substantial, and had some fun working with the leather in the process. Thanks for looking... and joining me for some of my Netflix-spawned nostalgia!

Cristar_Zeonizer_1.jpg

Cristar_Zeonizer_2.jpg

Cristar_Zeonizer_3.jpg

Cristar_Zeonizer_4.jpg

I stream Netflix and grew up on Power Rangers so i did this same thing a month ago - and to me ZEO was the end of what was great about the TV Show ..Turbo killed any potential the movies had so im glad that ended there ... Regardless - Neat Mod and im glad to know im not the only one who appreciated ZEO

Hey, GL... I'm with you on this. I definitely liked Zeo-- but it often seems to get a bad rap for whatever reason. I've only seen a few of the post-Turbo eps, and wasn't really thrilled with any. But then again, maybe if I watched them in order and got to know the characters, I'd feel a bit different. I'm actually watching In Space right now. It's... okay. :)

The Zeonizer... 1996... I'll Bet Those Were The Days. I Just Only Wish That I Was A Possessor Of The Zeonizer, Mainly As I Want Something From Nostalgia And Do A Bit Of Catching Up. I'm Into The Series, And I So Dream Of Being A Part Of It Myself In The World Of Role Play...

It's Morphin' Time!

• Zeo Ranger I: Pink
  • Zeo Ranger II: Yellow
  • Zeo Ranger III: Blue
  • Zeo Ranger IV: Green
  • Zeo Ranger V: Red
Oh Yeah, That's Right! Speaking Of The Zeonizer, I Also Know II Associated Links:
I Hope You Can Appreciate My Response...

May The Power Protect You

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back