Pottermore

To trickle out little backstories and that is just nonsense. Do it or don't.

On the other side of the coin, I'm just glad shes NOT going out and writing another book if she doesn't feel she has a legitimate story to tell. This a way for her to share all the additional content that would be been out of place in the previous books. She could have kept it to herself, but she's trying something new. Maybe it'll work, maybe not.

Honestly, that's just one aspect of this project. I'm almost more excited for the participatory elements that turn the focus on the readers as a creative group. Could be a huge failure, but having a single, official venue for the appreciation of the books doesn't sound like a bad idea.

See, my problem is that I can't seem to get there in time. I wish they would just give us the time and be nice.

Keep trying Luke! they are varying the times to be fair to everyone. the first coulple were better for other places, like it was 8 or 9am for Britian, and here in australia first day was 5pm and second day was 6 or 7pm.

Hey Luke,
They are selling the registrations on ebay for around 100 dollars.

That is not allowed, the Pottermore blog has stated they working to get those taken down.

What is Pottermore exactly that is getting people so excited? Isn't it just an overhyped message board and a couple glorified cellphone apps put online that people are going to get sick of after 10 minutes?

new content from J.K.Rowling.

I keep going to the site just to get a registration to give someone! I think it's great that she is offering this as fans of Harry Potter can continue to be fans. I wish they would do this sort of thing for several different movies that I have loved. I hate when you love a character and then when the story ends....Thats it. (Kudos to J.K. Rowling.) If I get one it's free. I will keep trying for this reason alone.

Hey Luke,

They are selling the registrations on ebay for around 100 dollars.

the Pottermore blog has stated that selling registrations is not allowed, and that they are working to get such listings taken down., and that those accounts will be deleted.

besides, there 1 million to go around, it's not like they're rare-and everyone can go on in October!

sorry for double post.

btw, J.K. Rowling has always had full control of Harry Potter. she even had input to the movies and theme park. Star Wars has nothing to do with Harry Potter. the new info from Jo dosen't really fit in a book, that why she's giving it this way:)

the Pottermore blog has stated that selling registrations is not allowed, and that they are working to get such listings taken down., and that those accounts will be deleted.

besides, there 1 million to go around, it's not like they're rare-and everyone can go on in October!

sorry for double post.

btw, J.K. Rowling has always had full control of Harry Potter. she even had input to the movies and theme park. Star Wars has nothing to do with Harry Potter. the new info from Jo dosen't really fit in a book, that why she's giving it this way:)

You tell them, I just feel bad because they are either jealous, or don't feel like they have a place to belong like us Potter fans! xD

Potter in space.... JK's new novel. Harry will be the first person to set foot on the moon.. Oh wait we already did that....or did we?

Its to early in the morning!!

Im alone... oh no what if I dont know the answer!!!! its so dark in here... Hello!! is any body out there..... I need a cookie or something

The clue is up :)

In the Gryffindor versus Slytherin Quidditch match, in Harry's third year, how many points is Gryffindor leading by before Harry catches the Golden Snitch?
Multiply this number by 35.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back