Post pics of your own 3D creations (not purchased)

My close approximation of the Hollywood Studios Galaxy's Edge Fusion Generator Storage Tank. The ones on Tatooine are about 3 feet cubed, in my estimation, and while I neglected to take a measuring tape into the park (would that even be allowed?) when my family and I visited last year, I'm thinking this is about 24 inches squared. For ease, I designed the polyhedron base at 600mm cubed. Basically alternating arrangement of two different rectangular panels and a triangular on for the 'corners".

Galaxy's Edge.jpg

Fusion Generator Storage Tank.png

Online I have seen another version but I'm not sure which park it was from. If someone has info of a different one from the Disney Parks, please post it here.

TazMan2000

My close approximation of the Hollywood Studios Galaxy's Edge Fusion Generator Storage Tank. The ones on Tatooine are about 3 feet cubed, in my estimation, and while I neglected to take a measuring tape into the park (would that even be allowed?) when my family and I visited last year, I'm thinking this is about 24 inches squared. For ease, I designed the polyhedron base at 600mm cubed. Basically alternating arrangement of two different rectangular panels and a triangular on for the 'corners".

View attachment 1760262

View attachment 1760264

Online I have seen another version but I'm not sure which park it was from. If someone has info of a different one from the Disney Parks, please post it here.

TazMan2000
Looks like it came from an Eagle

View attachment 1760262

View attachment 1760264

TazMan2000

This morning, I designed a little doohickey that would fast track making the base polyhedron. Printable premade corners. This way someone would only have to cut out squares for the sides. Chamfering some panels would be necessary but it would be much easier than trying to construct the entire box and making it square....well 'polyhedronally' square. Very little support would be needed as the major angle is 45 degrees.

Triangular Corner.png

TazMan2000

I was hoping to show it done today, but I replaced my nFEP in my printer and did it incorrectly causing a whole vat of resin to flow outside the vat. Won’t be able to use it until things arrive Wednesday. Until then here are some progress pics. Rims and tires are separate for painting. I found some old photoetch by Fine Molds as the model was too small to print, though I tried. I got the first portion of the turbine printed and I did glue the 3 body portions together. The canopy in the pic is still the wrong one and while I didn’t get them in the pics I do have the side panel covers and gas caps printed.

Attachments

• IMG_1759.jpeg
    IMG_1759.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1760.jpeg
    IMG_1760.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1763.jpeg
    IMG_1763.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1764.jpeg
    IMG_1764.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1765.jpeg
    IMG_1765.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1766.jpeg
    IMG_1766.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
So with the exception of an interior,which I haven’t decided I want to do yet, the rear thruster and bumpers are all I have left to model and print. After getting my printer a new nFEP and screen protector I immediately ran the correct canopy turbine fan blades and wheel parts. The printer is amazing and did them all perfect. since I am generally into the building and painting phase I will probably start a thread in general modeling to stop spamming this thread. Thanks for the encouragement and I am open to suggestions of what to model next!

Attachments

• IMG_1776.jpeg
    IMG_1776.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1775.jpeg
    IMG_1775.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1774.jpeg
    IMG_1774.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1773.jpeg
    IMG_1773.jpeg
    896.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1772.jpeg
    IMG_1772.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1771.jpeg
    IMG_1771.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1770.jpeg
    IMG_1770.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
I recently completed these for a Dr Who 60th display by our model group. I CADded up the model from the original Shawcraft dimensions and then printed out at 1/12th scale. The 3D model was designed specifically to expedite building & painting since I had a lot to do and not enough time to do it! For example, the skirt was all one piece except for the balls, which were done as strips pushed in from the inside. Easy to spray, _no_ tedious masking :)

DSC_2252.jpgDSC_2253.jpgDSC_2255.jpgDSC_2256.jpgDSC_2257.jpgDSC_2258.jpgDSC_2260.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back