Possible Studio Scale display in Germany May 29 - June 1 2014

Lee S

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

I'm going to be at the next FedCon Home - FedCon | Europas größte SciFi Convention in Germany May 29 - June 1 2014 and Niels had this semi-crazy idea of setting up a Studio Scale display/gathering. I'm happy to contact the organizer and see about an area or room for it, but I just want to see if anyone else would be interested. Would need a good 3-4 people and 15-20 pieces to make it worth while. Not sure if the show would offer anything for it, so it's 100% volunteer, might be able to get passes.

Would be great to finally meet some of you!

L

Would be nice to join in. Good reason for me to actually finish my stuff, for a change :D . About a 2,5 hour drive from Amsterdam, so not too bad.

Not sure of i can do all 5 days (which i think is quite long for a convention in Europe, or is that me ?). But the weekend i'm all game. I guess all subjects are ok to show, not just Trek ?

W

Superb! And yes it'll certainly be a great reason to finish up a few pieces :) The full 4-5 days are not required, but arriving Friday would be ideal, packup Sunday evening. Now lets rustle up a couple more!

Awesome idea, guys!!! Since I am just half an hour away from Duesseldorf I´d like to try and help on site for at least one day if it´s going to be somewhat RPF related. Thursday and Friday maybe from around 9am til early afternoon 3pm or longer if I can find a babysitter for my little one.

If it does not work out, the German Star Wars Fanclub OSWFC has announced the next JediCon for October 3rd to 5th 2014, those guys will be glad to have an awesome Studio scale display for sure! Same location as the FedCon btw.

Michael

Great to hear Michael!
I think we have enough people for me to goto the nest step. More info soon!

I may come but nothing sure yet. Unfortunatly due to the nature of my work, I wont know before very late (I knew only 3 weeks before CE II I could be there this year).

I may bring the ROTJ AT-ST, Lambda Shuttle and B-Wing (all ROTJ models, yeah !). Too risky too carry the probe droid or Star Destroyer...

I'll bring the Dispatch Pods, training Remote and whatever I might finish before FedCon (e.g. TieBomber, TESB AT-ST plus a couple of BSG projects)

Are any of you guys considering to participate ??

I'm close to booking a room at the hotel .. and could really use a roomie .. since a single room is terrible expensive

Last edited:
I'll be there, but i haven't decided how many days.

If you have a car, you can also choose a hotel that's not on the premises. Then prices will be way softer. I saw hotels with rooms for 50 euro per night, with two single beds. And that price is not per person, it's per room. BUT, that said, it's 10-15km away.

Cheers,
Wasili

Hey guys, just got the word that this is officially a go! So lets put on a show :)
We have a couple on board already, but could certainly use a couple more. And enough good pieces to make an impressive display.

L

Just want to bump this :)
Anyone else able to make it to FedCon?
I have one weekend pass available if someone else can join us in Dusseldorf!

L

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back