• IMG_6032.JPG
    IMG_6032.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6034.JPG
    IMG_6034.JPG
    968.2 KB · Views: 126
Any progress on this one? Really anticipating seeing this project completed! :D
Yeah, me too! :cool:

Real life stuff, like our furnace conking out in the worst part of the winter, dealing with work, keeping my wife alive in the 3rd year of her chelation treatment… kinda slows one down a wee bit.

And best of all: The Scratch Builders Curse!

-make your best guesses because lack of references,

-get the work completed…

-and like an evil magic curse, long-lost references which you had desperately needed suddenly appear!

-which naturally show your best guesses were off.

Fortunately, my pace had already slowed down due some of the above-mentioned stuff plus a touch of modeling burn-out, so, I was not yet done when (circa 1977) build pics of the filming model started to surface in mid-2022.

And while they are some awesome pics, they really don’t much affect where I was already going: I had made some reasonably correct guesses based on what had been already figured out for the kit availability

Worrying about current-day lack of some of those vintage kits doesn’t really apply to me, as I’m going half-studio-scale – meaning I already had to make it or fake it with each individual piece anyway, but, it’s always good to have what was used back then mostly figured out.

This is all a really long winded way to say that I haven’t quit, and really want to get it up to Wonderfest this year!

Yeah, me too! :cool:

Real life stuff, like our furnace conking out in the worst part of the winter, dealing with work, keeping my wife alive in the 3rd year of her chelation treatment… kinda slows one down a wee bit.

And best of all: The Scratch Builders Curse!

-make your best guesses because lack of references,

-get the work completed…

-and like an evil magic curse, long-lost references which you had desperately needed suddenly appear!

-which naturally show your best guesses were off.

Fortunately, my pace had already slowed down due some of the above-mentioned stuff plus a touch of modeling burn-out, so, I was not yet done when (circa 1977) build pics of the filming model started to surface in mid-2022.

And while they are some awesome pics, they really don’t much affect where I was already going: I had made some reasonably correct guesses based on what had been already figured out for the kit availability

Worrying about current-day lack of some of those vintage kits doesn’t really apply to me, as I’m going half-studio-scale – meaning I already had to make it or fake it with each individual piece anyway, but, it’s always good to have what was used back then mostly figured out.

This is all a really long winded way to say that I haven’t quit, and really want to get it up to Wonderfest this year!
Man, I'm so sorry!! I've heard of chelation treatment, and it's not easy! I'll be praying for you and your wife; let me know if there's anything we can do for you!

Thank you for your concern!
Karen has survived (successful!) surgeries for dealing with three forms of cancer (breast, ovarian, and lung) since 2007; these were all related to chemical exposure at the Fernald Ohio Dept of Energy site where she worked in the early 1990's. This is the 3rd year of chelation therapy for her, for removal of ridiculous levels of thorium, cesium, and uranium. The treatments are working, but it is a very slow and gradual process, and, are extremely rough on a physical level.

Along the lines of every cloud has a silver lining.... the chelation therapy has been showing positive results, namely Karen's amounts of thorium and uranium going down from crazy high levels to only 5x normal and 3x normal respectively, over the last 3 years.

Pain in her hip this March prompted a blood test showing cobalt & chromium levels consistent with spalling/fretting from the Stryker Rejuvenate replacement hip joint she had installed in 2011, and we have an MRI scheduled this week which will help the surgeon to schedule revision hip replacement surgery this summer.

We keep reminding ourselves that things could be far, FAR worse - at least these issues *can* be addressed!

We just keep doing the best we can, and try to have a bit of fun when possible - just recently, there was a local PirateFest event in Harriman Tennessee, and Karen was feeling physically good, so we got into our Pirate gear and spent the afternoon there!

Attachments

• TVNR7505a.jpg
    TVNR7505a.jpg
    755.7 KB · Views: 46

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back