Possible open-world Star Wars game by Ubisoft

I’d rather see a proven entity like Santa Monica or Naughty Dog tackle something, or a smaller studio try its hand at a AAA game, rather than the big dead studios like EA, BioWare, Ubisoft, etc.

There's word now that Massive will the ones that will be doing the actual work on the game with Ubisoft being the publisher. It's also going to be made using their Snowdrop engine which is also used in The Division games, so it doesn't sound like it's going to be a reskinned ACO.

I’ve put in a lot of time in the Division and Division 2 (1200 hrs in 1, and about half that in the sequel last I checked), and obviously I enjoy both quite a bit. But I’m hoping that the new SW game is more than just another Division-style game wrapped in Star Wars.

As for the developer, I can say that the worlds they create (New York City and DC, in the two Division games) are among the most detailed, “lived-in” feeling environments I’ve seen in games. Lots of cool little details to find, and I’m excited for what that could be like with a Star Wars setting.

I’ve put in a lot of time in the Division and Division 2 (1200 hrs in 1, and about half that in the sequel last I checked), and obviously I enjoy both quite a bit. But I’m hoping that the new SW game is more than just another Division-style game wrapped in Star Wars.

As for the developer, I can say that the worlds they create (New York City and DC, in the two Division games) are among the most detailed, “lived-in” feeling environments I’ve seen in games. Lots of cool little details to find, and I’m excited for what that could be like with a Star Wars setting.
It might be a Division reskin but the engine would seem to allow for something different. It's being used for the upcoming Avatar game, which I have no idea what the game play is going to be like. It's also been used for Mario + Rabbids, a South Park game, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, & The Settlers. Looking at these other games, it seems that the Snowdrop engine is definitely capable of making this Star Wars game more than just a reskinned Division. Of the games that have used this engine, I think that Starlink is probably the closest to what we might get as it has spaceships in it. Note, I'm not saying that this game will be a reskinned Starlink, just that it's the closest to what we can possibly expect.

They might use the division engine but use more of a warframe gameplay design. If you think about it warframe is more star wars than anything out there if they reskinned it.

Or in the case of Ghost Recon Wildlands, here's 100 guns you can unlock, though most are useless and you'll never use them, but they're in there to find in place of a good story. And if you do manage to slog through the 20+ hours to totally complete the game, here's a completely trash ending as a reward! :lol:

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back