Pontypool

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
It is very rare for me to like a "horror" or even a suspense movie, but this one was pretty darn good. Definitely a low budget film, but it kept me interested the whole time and most of the characters were pretty believable. Had a very Stephen King feel to it. If you haven't seen it, you can catch it on Netflix.

I Agree, intruiging concept. We all know words have power, what would happen if that power became random chaos?

I was fascinated by the idea of saying a word until you don't know what it means. Who hasn't repeated some word again and again until it starts to sound strange and foreign and seems to unravel a bit and then you snap out of it and think "wow, that was weird." Just such a cool idea.

I saw it when it came out in '08, an extremely well shot Canadian film. Its a great movie for aspiring filmmakers to learn from.

I highly recommend watching it!

Brandon

Recently saw this myself, on NetFlix as well. Awesome movie, totally loved it. Definitely one of the most original horror films I've seen in a while. And I loved the main guys voice.

The opening dialog is the best!!!! Oh, and the very end.

Watch Infection to see another good small budget horror flick.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back