Polar Lights Enterprise Finished :)

Bryancd

Master Member
Please keep in mind that I have the modeling skills of a 5 year old, but I managed to assemble, paint, and water slide decal this baby together and I am most pleased witht he reults

Thanks Wackychimp!

Bryancd

Master Member
About 11 inches long. It's smaller than the Bandai 1701, which is 1/850 vs. 1/1000 scale for the Polar Lights.

rhboyd

argh...

there's a rumor about that Bandai might do the classic 1701 next... after the 1701-E....

but this kit looks so good... but if Bandai did one... I wouldn't need ths one...

arrghhhhh!!!!

-r

E Williams

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Go for it, Ron! The kit's only $10

If Bandai does do one, later on you can take the PL and make a damaged Constellation or something

Ethan

Jedi Dade

Sr Member
that's actaully a pretty impressive model for only being 11 inches. does anyone have some close ups of various detailing...

Jedi Dade

E Williams

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Jedi Dade wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
that's actaully a pretty impressive model for only being 11 inches. does anyone have some close ups of various detailing...

Jedi Dade
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Here ya go: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/trek/pl_tos.htm

Spellbinder99

Very well done Bcdynd, a nice buildup indeed. Just waiting on a few of these in the mail myself....

Even if Bandai did these, they would be 5 times the price. At this price and with all the extra scratchbuilding bits included (two sets of nacelles, deflector dishes and other bits) these are a lock for conversions and such. A really good modelling oportunity, in my opinion...

Cheers

Tony

TridCloudwalker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
What color would everyone recommend for the darker grey accents on the ship? I used Model Masters Light Aircraft Grey for the base, but having a heck of a time figuring out the color for the areas on the neck, under the nacelles, around the impulse drive, etc. Suggestions?

Spellbinder99

Just got my two seperate orders in the mail, so now I have 5 of them...

They are just as good as people have been saying and will make awesome kitbashing material as well.

A good day...

Cheers

Tony