Please post your "I, Robot" props!

Finally placed the barrel into my Spooner gun, so time to post some pics of my I, Robot props:

Spooner01.jpg Spooner02.jpg

The badge is the latest version of Gordon Gekko (he'll probably do a run of an improved badge in the future). Lights up by pressing a button on the back of the wallet. Battery can be replaced by unscrewing the back. Bought this badge from Darth Clayton:

Spooner03.jpg Spooner04.jpg

The gun is another story. Bought this quite a while ago from bolsoncerrado. According to him, this gun was a commission for SD Studios (sorry for mentioning this name :( ), made by Matsuo. However, I bought the gun without the barrel (wasn't there anymore for some reason). Stored away this gun with the thought that some day, I'd search for a barrel and finish it.

More than a year later, stapleton13 offered a Spooner gun kit. I asked him if I could get only the barrel part and this was no problem. So I sanded out the hole in the front so the barrel fitted nicely. Also had to shorten the barrel with 6 mm. But after that, the barrel slides in the gun nicely and even stays put without having to glue it down. Since I will only display this gun, I won't glue the barrel, but just leave it slided into the gun. It even stays in place when you normally handle the gun.

Spooner05.jpg Spooner06.jpg Spooner07.jpg

While I do like the I, Robot movie, I'm not a big fan, but I do like these two props very much, since they just look so cool.

Last edited:
congratz! the barrel makes it now the most perfect accurate replica ever :D

now i'll be looking for a barrel myself too lol!

If anyone is interested i have john bergins' stunt shotgun for sale (originally from propstore).

i think i have a spare spoon badge too (used to light up, anymore though i think)

Hey bolsoncerrade, do you have the story behind the missing barrel? Did you obtain the gun yourself like this? Was it sold unfinished, or was the original barrel used for something else? It seemed as if something was removed from the front of the gun. When I bought it from you, I didn't gave it a second thought, since it was clear on the pictures you posted that the barrel was not included, but now I get curious ;-). I always like to have as much info as possible about my prop replica's :).

Anyway, I'm very happy with how the gun turned out. The barrel of stapleton13 is just perfec. It's cold cast aluminium if I'm not mistaken. It has just the right look for me. Never liked those barrels that were too shiny (real plished metal). This one more has a blued steel look...

The barrel on the replica is on display in my screenmatched original prop gun ;) i thought I told you about it. And thats the reason I now want a barrel like yours LOL

11054350_812273758866873_2579703105694887839_n.jpg

Ah, OK... So the barrel got a great new home ;-). Drop stapleton13 a PM, I'd say. I'm sure you can get a barrel from him. Costed me $20 or something. Well worth it's money if I look at my gun now...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back