Plasticoat Chrome, with and without black base coat

You've better luck than me with the plasti-kote. Here in Europe they call their chrome-effect cans "brilliant metallic" and they are awful. They take forever to dry (if at all, even with a PK base coat) and are definitely NOT fingerprint-safe.

There's a big chance different solvents are used over here due to environmental regs being different, so that might account for it, but I recall a few RPFers doing C3POs with it a couple years ago in the US and they were having the same issues. Perhaps PK have upgraded their materials since then, so if you're gonna try it, make sure you get a recent batch.

Unfortunately that search doesn't work for finding a distributor outside the US, will have a look for another link. I'm interested in finding a good chrome paint for ages and this is quite provoking.

Any chance of slightly clearer pictures to gain the full appreciation for the shine?

Unfortunately that search doesn't work for finding a distributor outside the US, will have a look for another link. I'm interested in finding a good chrome paint for ages and this is quite provoking.

Any chance of slightly clearer pictures to gain the full appreciation for the shine?

When I initially went to the site, it asked me to choose what country, so if you start at the beginning, it may give you the option for locating retailers in your area.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back