Pirates of the Caribbean OST

Barca8423

Hello all, new to the forum. Been browsing around for awhile though before joining. I have seen tons of great Jack Sparrow's! I have thought about becoming one myself! However, Id like to go a route ive yet to see. Being that im Spanish. Id love to replicate "the Spaniard". Ive looked for ideas online and ill I can find are pictures. I have zero costume making experience. Dont know where to find his coat, hat, baldric etc. Yordreem, sith, etc are all sparrow stuff. Help! If not ill just become Cpt Jack Sparrow! :) http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/The_Spaniard/Gallery

As a Captain Jack Sparrow myself I have to say that the Spaniard's outfit is mostly base pieces that have been embellished with alot of gold. The frock coat is simply a blue frock coat with lots of gold fringe. The shirt is a standard shirt but with lots of lace at the cuffs and the neck area. I would start off getting the basic pieces such as a) waistcoa,t b)shirt, c) frock coat, d) breeches, and e)boots. Once you get the base of the costume down then you can start with the OCD details. Start looking for the gold fringe, buttons, etc. The hat looks like a common musketeer hat with lots of feathers.

You have to remember that Penny Rose loves to use various non-garmet materials for her costumes so you have to think out of the box. If your going for 100% screen accuracy you will drive yourself insane. You can get "close as possible" and still be recognized as The Spaniard.

The baldric is intense and really cool. The baldric buckle is something you will either have to commission someone or make it yourself. That buckle has alot of detail.

My steps for Jack Sparrow back in 2005 were as follows:

1. Collect as many HI RES pictures and screengrabs from Bluray as possible.
2. Study the basic clothes pieces without worrying about the glitter and glamor stuff as stated above.
3. Start looking for the accessories such as baldric, sword, etc.
4. Hunt for the closest possible materials for the glitter and glamor trim, buttons etc.

Spaniard.jpg

Use your thread on RPF to show progress, solicit input, and other people can search for things as well. With Pirates of the Caribbean 5 - Dead Men Tell No Tales starting to film in February I will e on the hunt for new Captain Jack Sparrow parts (if his costume changes which some of us are predicting might happen) I will be on the look out for things for you.

Also check out Etsy for costume makers that have already made base costume items. I found alot of parts there for Angelica Teach.

Google "felt musketeer hat" and view Images. You will find all sorts of wonderful examples of hats you could use. Also look around for large women's hats that may match up to The Spaniards which may also be the cheaper route.

The sword is a rapier. Close enough what I would go with because some swords can be upwards of $400.00 and may not be Con safe. You can always make the handle area out of metal and have a wooden blade. Keeps it safe.

I do leather work so I am open for commissions however it won't be cheap. My baldrics for Jack start off around $325.00! Remember like Captain Jack Sparrow this is an expensive costume.

- - - Updated - - -

The toy!
review_potc43_6.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Sort of good detail on lace around wrists.
maxresdefault.jpg

It appears that Royal Dark Blue is the color for the Spaniards parts. I know the toy and some pics show blue but I just scanned some of the behind the scenes videos on Youtube and one he was briefly in it appeared blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Spaniard_HQ.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back