Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Mans Chest

Thank you. I'm using pewter in sand moulds.

I am unfortunately going to have to take just over a months break from this project. I've decided I simply cant stand another freezing winter in my garage. So, I am stripping it all out and I'm properly insulating it. Lots of prep work, self levelling the concrete floor, foam insulation... the works. Cant wait! :)

Its a shame I have to pause work but... for the greater good :)

Thank you. I'm using pewter in sand moulds.

I am unfortunately going to have to take just over a months break from this project. I've decided I simply cant stand another freezing winter in my garage. So, I am stripping it all out and I'm properly insulating it. Lots of prep work, self levelling the concrete floor, foam insulation... the works. Cant wait! :)

Its a shame I have to pause work but... for the greater good :)
Nothing worse than working in the cold!

Update: Still unable to resume as the workshop hasn’t quite been finished yet :(

Before

39F22DFC-4AB2-47CC-B3AD-7DF0F5F3EE87.jpeg

After

BEF03E49-ACF8-4F2F-BA3E-C3C3F423F7E8.jpeg

Still got to fill and sand the joins, paint, flooring etc. Annoyingly the concrete still isn’t really dry and is really upping the humidity in there. Need to wait at least another month before I can put a floor down.

I am itching to get back to this project as soon as I can. Just wanted to let people know it most certainly has not been forgotten.

awesome! good luck finishing that, almost there!
I can really feel what you mean, my workshop is between 2 and 10 degrees at the moment, it's not a fun period for me to work!
cheers

Damn this is looking good, great think about making your own is you can make it any size. Have an actual replica of it but always wished it were bigger.

Love it - FYI & FWIW, my licensed version's paint started chipping all on its own, just sitting on a shelf...

I'm guessing it's a "polyfill resin". As if resin isn't an already low cost material it's cut with a filler. Likely just it's lifespan kicking in and leaching. Strip it and repaint it. Use a proper primer.

I'm guessing it's a "polyfill resin". As if resin isn't an already low cost material it's cut with a filler. Likely just it's lifespan kicking in and leaching. Strip it and repaint it. Use a proper primer.
Well, whatever our faved license-holding, now-defunct prop replica company used...

I'm sure the information is out there but the licensed version was off a casting from the film production moulds. For mass production it's obvious where changes were made but it should be close to screen used in details even as softened as remastering would have in the end result.
Should note those moulds are not from Disney but created by nother shop. The Disney moulds were a chaotic mess so a shop was tasked to simplify and create both new parts for the films and promotional displays. In the end even the display versions were used in the films and ended up on the rides at the parks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back