Pipboy 3000 Questions

Zaul

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if I could get a bit of help here.

I'm interested in creating a Pipboy 3000 for an upcoming convention at the end of the month. I've been searching the forums and found the general info to be Skruffy is the man to talk to.

I'm really concerned I wont be able to get a pipboy made in time for the convention, and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction..

I did find these molds, but i'm unsure on the quality of them, I'm hoping for a nice heavy duty pipboy cast that wont break the first time it's dropped.

Forgeprops — Pip-Boy 3000
Any advice?

- Paul

Not familiar with the site in your link hopefully someone else can help with that. You might want to try and PM Skruffy to see what he can do. I personally have one of his and was able to build it easily in a weekend with excellent results. How long do you have before the convention that might help determine whats reasonable time wise.

I know there is also a paper model that you can find if you search the forum. Might not be as durable but would at least get you through if you really are crunched for time.

I hear the ForgeProps cast usually comes with a handful bubbles and dings that need to be sorted out with a little bondo and some sanding, but it should be a quality product.

One thing you should be aware of though is the owner of ForgeProps is currently very intermittent about being in his shop. I believe his father was diagnosed with cancer and he has sacrificed a good bit of time to attend to him with his family. As such, you may not get the cast for quite some time. So keep that in mind before ordering.

Hope this helps.

-Arcko

I hear the ForgeProps cast usually comes with a handful bubbles and dings that need to be sorted out with a little bondo and some sanding, but it should be a quality product.

One thing you should be aware of though is the owner of ForgeProps is currently very intermittent about being in his shop. I believe his father was diagnosed with cancer and he has sacrificed a good bit of time to attend to him with his family. As such, you may not get the cast for quite some time. So keep that in mind before ordering.

Hope this helps.

-Arcko
Ack! I wish I'd seen this thread before I placed my order. :/

Of course, hoping all the best for the owner of ForgeProps. But seeing as how my name did not make the last shipping list, maybe there's still time to get my moneys back?

Any other recommendations for a good Pipboy mold?

I have a Pipboy from one a Skruffy's early runs. It was cast off the pipboy toy clock that came with the Collector's edition of FO3. It's very well made, no bubbles, and high detail. I believe he used Smoothcast 3000 for it. So if you drop it you will wind up with some damage.

One thing to note is that you need small arms to wear it. I added some expansion wedges and hollowed it out as thin as I was willing to take it and I still couldn't wear it. The toy was designed for a kid afterall. That being said, I haven't seen a nicer pipboy kit. You really can't go wrong with it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back