Picard S2

Well, same “crew” is very different from the same showrunner. He would have done his own prep, approved his own scripts, etc. A showrunner and crew have almost nothing to do with each other. A showrunner doesn’t even hire crew—he hires the people who hire those people. I was a location manager on a network series, and I never met our showrunner or even saw him from afar. Using the same crew for a back-to-back shoot is incredibly cost-efficient, and that’s why you would do it. They know the ropes of the series, they know each other, and they have a rhythm. They’ll hit the ground running.

As for messing up in the final edit, well, it’s possible, I’m skeptical of the idea that it would happen, but time will tell.

Also, given James Cawley’s renowned (and confirmed to me by several who know him) obsession with accuracy and detail, knowing he didn’t care at all for Strange New Hair (though he’s glad it’s around because it will bring new fans to TOS/TNG), knowing he worked on TNG building Wesley’s costumes, and finally, knowing he’s close friends with Doug Drexler, Michael & Denise Okuda, and others from that era, I trust his word.
I will still watch and live in hope of a fitting send off for the characters that is until the rumour Mill starts a spinning if it all goes well.
The OG cast pulled it off after all with a similar length of time with better effects etc.

I will still watch and live in hope of a fitting send off for the characters that is until the rumour Mill starts a spinning if it all goes well.
The OG cast pulled it off after all with a similar length of time with better effects etc.
That’s pretty much where I am—based on this new information, I’m very willing to give it a shot.

Interestingly, according to Rob Burnett, season 3 will be back to TNG form for Picard. He's been in contact with Terry Matalas and according to him, Matalas has full reins in Season 3 (Chabon, Goldsman and Kurtzman have less involvement). Rob's been hyping up Season 3 on Twitter and said he's blown away by the script. Let's hope he's right.
Nice and all but, "Too little, too late".

Hopefully Raffi and Seven of “Never Kill Anyone Again, Just Because They Deserve It” Nine get dropped off at a starbase in the first 5 minutes of Season 3, episode 1.

I can’t see a proper outing with the TNG crew with those two incongruent and insufferable characters in tow.

It’s a shame what they have done to the Seven of Nine character.
It's not the Seven, it's the jj trek/Klutzman trek version.

Watching Voyager again, as I have been doing a lot lately, the character is like chalk and cheese compared between Voyager and Picard.
It's almost like Kurtzman and Co had no idea what to do with her but wanted the fan bait of bringing back the character. So they just wrote "Seven of Nine" on the white board underneath the character trait heading of "damaged and gloomy" under which you found every other character's name, Kurtzman and co all hugged and walked out of the office straight up to payroll and picked up their wages with an overwhelming sense of pride and accomplishment with their exactly 7 minutes of work and all took the rest of the week off with exhaustion even though it was only 9.07am on Monday. It's really tough writing 10 episodes a year.

Jeri Ryan was fantastic on Voyager. Brought a lot of emotion and screen presence. Fast forward to current-day-"trek" and she along with the other characters have been turned into cardboard cutouts.
EDIT: I would blame the writers, not the actors.

Last edited:
So I'm reaaaal late to watching this, but I have about three episodes left. Not totally awful IMO, but the characters are acting dumb as hell. They start out with the don't break the timeline, follow the Prime Directive speech, then proceed to do everything possible to get noticed. They beam into cities in full view, tear through the streets in a stolen police car, etc. The portrayal of ICE, whether you disagree with the policy or not, is laughable in a cartoon villain way. Also that Dr. Jirati(sp?) character is just awful.

So I'm reaaaal late to watching this, but I have about three episodes left. Not totally awful IMO, but the characters are acting dumb as hell. They start out with the don't break the timeline, follow the Prime Directive speech, then proceed to do everything possible to get noticed. They beam into cities in full view, tear through the streets in a stolen police car, etc. The portrayal of ICE, whether you disagree with the policy or not, is laughable in a cartoon villain way. Also that Dr. Jirati(sp?) character is just awful.
Do yourself a favor, and set your expectations even lower before you watch the final episodes.

Lets hope... Oops nearly gave away a Spoiler then.

If you mean the new lovey dovey Borg, gotcha. Good lord... Oh and I love how they left at least two phasers (or whatever they had at the chateau fight) along with Borg in the walls to contaminate the timeline... I would have complained about no one noticing the ship entering/leaving atmosphere, but we missed Chinese balloons so I guess that's not a big complaint. I still have the last episode to go.

I forgot to add that I thought it was lame that Seven said she couldn't join Starfleet because they didn't trust her. I always figured she would have a trust problem, but she had a ton of knowledge of the Borg so you'd think Starfleet would have at least had her come on as a consultant or something! That didn't make any sense.

Last edited:
If you mean the new lovey dovey Borg, gotcha. Good lord... Oh and I love how they left at least two phasers (or whatever they had at the chateau fight) along with Borg in the walls to contaminate the timeline... I would have complained about no one noticing the ship entering/leaving atmosphere, but we missed Chinese balloons so I guess that's not a big complaint. I still have the last episode to go.

I forgot to add that I thought it was lame that Seven said she couldn't join Starfleet because they didn't trust her. I always figured she would have a trust problem, but she had a ton of knowledge of the Borg so you'd think Starfleet would have at least had her come on as a consultant or something! That didn't make any sense.
You’ll be on season three episode one soon enough.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back