Photos of props before the screen

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wanted to start a little research thread of props in the workshop, before they're seen on screen, and discuss, maybe to glean some new info or help fill up a storyline.

There's a shot of the bespin security guard blaster (scuba gun) still under construction that I have to find somewhere. it might be in the ROTJ book I have

I just recently found out the grenade/mystery fitting picture was part of a photo shoot of lightsaber prototypes in 1976
prototype.jpg

Bottom left corner.

Attachments

• IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 204
This is only one I got of weapons,I got a bespin luke wardrobe photo and countless ships. I believe it’s the fett blasterView attachment 1018852
If I didn't know better, I would say this is a prop masters table. There's a scale measurement on the table in front of his waist and I would guess that he's trying different handgrips to make a blaster as there are five options on the table alone. Also, just in front of the glove on the shelf behind him is a graflex and a sample board with different couplings.

I believe I have some other shots from that strip. I’ll see if I can find them later today. One of them shows this flashlight as one of the saber options. I really should take a better picture of it.
AEE95154-14C9-4977-A77E-DFC2659CC00B.jpeg

Phew!
That extra shot where you can see the grenade in the corner is from an article on the initial meeting on lightsabers and stuff. GL wanted a dish that reflected the light upward and thus the flashlight design - but it looks like some parts of sabers were there for the flashlight stage. Obviously that idea was scrapped.

This is only one I got of weapons,I got a bespin luke wardrobe photo and countless ships. I believe it’s the fett blasterView attachment 1018852

One of the reasons I love this photo, other than the multitude of prop bases (Fett's shoulder sidearm, graflex top, etc.) is the Bespin security guard blaster base, the galeon scuba gun, there are two there. One is only the disassembled grip, and one is intact. I think he's holding another scuba gun, and evaluating it.

I wish I knew what those two electronic black boxes are on the table, one is center and the other is far right

Phew!
That extra shot where you can see the grenade in the corner is from an article on the initial meeting on lightsabers and stuff. GL wanted a dish that reflected the light upward and thus the flashlight design - but it looks like some parts of sabers were there for the flashlight stage. Obviously that idea was scrapped.

One of the reasons I love this photo, other than the multitude of prop bases (Fett's shoulder sidearm, graflex top, etc.) is the Bespin security guard blaster base, the galeon scuba gun, there are two there. One is only the disassembled grip, and one is intact. I think he's holding another scuba gun, and evaluating it.

I wish I knew what those two electronic black boxes are on the table, one is center and the other is far right

If it is the one I think you are talking about the one in the center looks like a hand held spotlight with the pistol grip and what looks like a reflector.

Good eye!

I was talking about the box to it's left. There another similar thing on the far right of the table!

I should also post the grenade and fitting picture from this prototype meeting that I was talking about originally. I had thought this was from a prop masters table full of lightsaber parts for assembly. seems to have been around for the flashlight ideas before that.
IMG_0908.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back