Can someone give me measurements of a screen accurate Vader Face?

DarkHelmet

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi,

Was wondering if someone who owns a screen accurate Vader can give me basic measurements of the face?

Thank you!
20231201_124155.jpg

Anyone with an eFX fiberglass helmet should be able to give you those measurements. Though... I'm a little confused about what measurements you mean in the side picture. Is it just from the bottom of the neck to the top of the head? Or is it to the top of the rear opening? Or am I missing something?

Of all the ones you ask for, the bottom of mouth to the top of the nose seems to be the easiest measurement to do... the rest are tricky because those are dealing with a lot of curved surfaces... so some more clarification of what exactly you need would be better.

Thanks!

Just basic measurements for overall size. I know my chicken scratch is a little hard to read.

Top of the mask, down the "nose" to the bottom of the neck and width from both edges, side to side across the lenses.

Going to attempt my own sculpt just to practice.

I don't have any full scale helmets anymore, but I do have 3D scans of accurate stuff. I can see if I can take the measurements you are looking for to at least get you started.

Hmm... even on the 3D model it was rather difficult to get the measurements you wanted because it all depends on how you angle it when measuring.

I got the height from the bottom at the front of the neck to the top of the head before it starts to bend down again in the rear roughly to be - rounded up:
33.91cm

The widest part of the skull - not counting the tusk tubes comes out to roughly - rounded up:
22.06cm

From top edge of the nose to bottom edge of the mouth triangle - rounded up:
8.01cm

Are you wanting the eye measurements from a straight on perspective or at the angle they are in? I can give you the straight on ones now.
Right eye - rounded up:
5.99cm
Left eye - rounded down:
6.66cm

Hope you can use these to get started and sorry for taking so long.

You're welcome.

A note. The vertical measurement was just a straight measurement from the bottom of the neck to the top of the head. Not the "following the contours" measurement you asked for. It was just not possible to do that.

But the height and width measurement should make it easy for you to scale any frontal and sideview picture of the Vader facemask and then print them out and use them as guides.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back