Photos needed for Greedo/Jawa Ruger Mk1 blaster

wuher da brewer

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I want to make the Greedo gun and the Jawa gun. I have a couple Ruger Mk1 casts plus the appropriate muzzles. Parts of SW has no good photos of the Greedo gun and nothing on the Jawa gun. I hear they're largely the same except for the muzzle. Does anyone have any good photos or can you share photos of your custom? Here is my starting point for Greedo.

greedo.jpg

Wuher,
Here's a couple of my buildup, based on an airsoft Mk I and some resin add-on parts, along with the same machined muzzle piece you have.
Eric

You might want to wait because Chris (Lonepigeon) said he had a lot of info he hasn't been able to post yet on the Greedo/Jawa blaster. Maybe if we bug him it will speed him up. :) ;)

I've been working at it slowly. ;)
I just haven't had time to finish blueprinting the parts.
The two antenna looking pieces on top you may have seen recently on Marcus/kurtyboy's MerrSonn. Chen machined those up for us based on my prints.

The piece inbetween them on top of the gun (cylinder and angle piece on replica above) is actually just a short piece of t-track.
Superjedi has the Ruger target sight on his although it should be just the standard Ruger sight like on Wuhrer's casting.

There's a round screwcap on the back end of the gun (not sure if it's on superjedi's). It's the same type of cap as on the Imperial comlink.

There are lot of details that I could write about extensively, but I really need to finish blueprinting parts to explain it all clearly.

I knew the rear sight on mine wasn't the correct one, but at the time, the only Mk I replica I could find had the larger sight. (I used a KJ airsoft "bull barrel" Ruger)
The guy I got the resin parts from offered a replacement barrel with his parts as well. It was made so the machined muzzle piece just slid over it to the correct position.

Superjedi - The only airsoft I could get was the bull barrel too so I had to replace my rear sight.
That's really the only modification I've done on it so far.
If you want to replace it you can order a real rear sight here:
www.e-gunparts.com
http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp?chr...el=1910zMKI&MC=
Under Ruger MK1 you want the "Rear Sight, Fixed, Blue - For Standard Barrels".

The slot on the rear of the airsoft where the sight slides in is probably a little small like mine was, but you can widen it with a needle file pretty easily.

I wonder if there's enough interest for someone to do some of those Mer Sonn pieces? I know a bunch of us need to upgrade our Mer Sonn blasters now.... and there'd probably be enough interest of these blasters too.

jawagun.jpg

I've always thought that was a scratch build combined with a casting. The knurled part looks like resin is exposed, and the holes in the cone look uneven. Even considering the illusion caused by only portions of holes on the other side showing through.

Originally posted by Sluis Van Shipyards@Sep 24 2005, 06:21 PM
I wonder if there's enough interest for someone to do some of those Mer Sonn pieces? I know a bunch of us need to upgrade our Mer Sonn blasters now.... and there'd probably be enough interest of these blasters too.
[snapback]1083345[/snapback]​

I'd be willing. I need 8 of them for what I have.

Something I noticed on the grip... The highlighted part looks to be a baseplate for a small light duty roller caster, if it hasn't been previously identified that is...

Last edited:
Gunner,
For the pieces you're referring to, I used those aluminum parts that everybody calls Imperial discs. The ones that are seen on the caps Imperial officers wear. I just screwed them in using the existing upper grip screw hole. (Had to use longer screws of course)
Eric

I wonder if the long part along the side with the front that looks like the tail of a dart are model kit parts. Missile/bomb/drop tanks parts?

Originally posted by kurtyboy@Sep 27 2005, 12:55 PM
I wonder if the long part along the side with the front that looks like the tail of a dart are model kit parts. Missile/bomb/drop tanks parts?
[snapback]1085013[/snapback]​

If that is two parts, it looks like the piece facing the barrel might be some kind of aircraft intake, for some type of jet. The front, again facing the barrel, looks like it's got an opening.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back