Pepakura BIKER SCOUT HELMET Build For less than 10 GBP-ON HOLD

Atlanthia

Sr Member
Hi All!!!
I have made a start, finally, on my next project and I have decided to try a Biker Scout lid. I think the file comes from Vagabond, But I will have to check that for sure! If you recognise it, then please say. Anyway, Ive seen a few of these started but not finished, except for Icon01's build which was awesome. Also, they all seem to be a little oversized. Thanks to Wolf, I managed to find the info I needed to size it more accurately. I don't expect this to be anywhere NEAR the level of accuracy that his are but I am going to make it as close as is reasonably possible. Heck!!! I think Wolf's scout lids are more accurate than the originals! lol! So a big thanks to Wolf and Vagabond for their help in this endeavour.
GEDC0607.jpg

Above: There is a picture on Wolf's thread which shows the scout lid next to a trooper lid and the size difference here looks about the same , so I am happy.
GEDC0609.jpg

GEDC0611.jpg

GEDC0610.jpg

Well that's it for now. Onto resin and fibreglass! Please let me know what you think as this is my first Pepakura build.:)

Last edited:
Re: Pepakura Biker scout Build

Resin and fibreglass mostly done. I'm going to try to slice this bugger in two and see if I can hinge it. It'll mean having to build extra sections onto the front and sides of the back half, but I want to find out if it's do-able. If anyone could post some detailed pics of the sections I need to build, I would be really grateful.:)
GEDC0620.jpg

GEDC0616.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Pepakura BIKER SCOUT HELMET Build - Picture Heavy

Hi Everyone! I hope you are all well today:)

I managed to get some body filler on the front half of of the lid, but it's just sooo darned cold, that I had to call a halt for today.

Anyway, here are a few pics of today's progress. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think!

GEDC0732.jpg

GEDC0733.jpg

GEDC0730.jpg

GEDC0733.jpg

The Pepakura Peak was double skinned, but the original was single skinned. I've cut out the inner skin of the peak but as a result, I had some gaps to plug around the edges of the face plate: I just used card and body filler:

GEDC0736.jpg

Well, that's where I am at the moment. I'm sorry its not further along after three days, but the weather here is TATERS!!!
Hope you enjoyed today's installment :)
Darren

Re: Pepakura BIKER SCOUT HELMET Build - Picture Heavy DAY 3

Dude it usually takes ME a whole month to get to this stage.............. so you are doing pretty good!!!!!! it looks great!!!!!!! And yes, I hate doing pep projects in cold weather too!!!!!!!

Hey there mate, I see you have finally started your first pep build. That's great! I see you're making excellent progress as usual and I know this will turn out just as great.

Coming from you, that is high praise indeed!!! Thank you Bud'
If this works out, I will be hunting down that Vader Pep we PM'ed about.
After I do my E11 Blaster for under £1GBP lol!
Hope you are well...

You mean this Vader Pep? Just so you know this is Nintendude aka was Vagabond on here. Pretty good work on the file so far. I've got almost all the Star Wars weapon peps on my HD as well.
vader.pdo

nice to see you on another build (y)thumbsup looking good
that trooper lid is awesome
looking forward to seeing that E11 Blaster for under £1GBP 99p?
:lol:lol:lol
you got me watching:)

fingaz iron man mk4 wip

You mean this Vader Pep? Just so you know this is Nintendude aka was Vagabond on here. Pretty good work on the file so far. I've got almost all the Star Wars weapon peps on my HD as well.
vader.pdo

Dude!! You changed your name again??? :lol! Your Biker lid Pep file is the best!!! I tried the Vader link but I just got empty boxes. Hey, how did the fund raising go for the trip for your dad? I hope you managed to sort it out.

nice to see you on another build (y)thumbsup looking good
that trooper lid is awesome
looking forward to seeing that E11 Blaster for under £1GBP 99p?
:lol:lol:lol
you got me watching:)

fingaz iron man mk4 wip

Thanks Mate! I am serious about the E11. That won't include the paint but it will include an offcut of plastic pipe, the steel sheet side of an old washing machine, some bits of wood and a pound for the glue!:lol
I'll keep you posted!

looking good mate, my biker scout build has near enough ground to a halt....can't seem to get myself motivated at all :(

looks like you managed to chop it fairly well too :)

looking good mate, my biker scout build has near enough ground to a halt....can't seem to get myself motivated at all :(

looks like you managed to chop it fairly well too :)

Hey Hooper! Long time no See! Good to hear from you Bud' Yeah, the reference was about your build, which, I was following avidly! I hope you get back to it as you were going great guns! I know what you mean though, about motivation. It's really hard at times. and this week is the first in months that I have been well enough to get back to it. I cut it with a disc thing on the end of a dremil.

Hey! as we are both at about the same point in the build, how about a race to see who can finish it first?? :lol It'd be a laugh!

Hey Hooper! Long time no See! Good to hear from you Bud' Yeah, the reference was about your build, which, I was following avidly! I hope you get back to it as you were going great guns! I know what you mean though, about motivation. It's really hard at times. and this week is the first in months that I have been well enough to get back to it. I cut it with a disc thing on the end of a dremil.

Hey! as we are both at about the same point in the build, how about a race to see who can finish it first?? :lol It'd be a laugh!

haha...wish i could mate, but i've two little things sat here that pretty much put pay to that (a one year old and a three year old)!

i'm having a play with plasticard (styrene sheet) to try and eliminate as much use of bondo as possible....it's messy and stinks! the kids are going to bed in a minute, so I think i'll try and get an hour in a put some pics up in a bit (not that much will have changed from the last lot!)

I look forward to seeing it Mate. Just great to see you are still about! Miss having a laugh with you.

great to see you doing your first pep and what a choice, i'll be watching with interest, think you could make at a cost of £10 or less than?

anyone else having issues seeing the pictures, could only see pictures in the first post :confused ...never mind after posting my comments and page refreshing they decided to appear, now i can see more of your progress it just get better, looks like you got bored with your dremel on to mouth section bit on the front.

Hmm not sure what's up that the Vader pep is showing boxes only can you provide a screenshot? Is it just showing the 3D model in the window and nothing in the 2D development pages?

Hmm not sure what's up that the Vader pep is showing boxes only can you provide a screenshot? Is it just showing the 3D model in the window and nothing in the 2D development pages?

How do you do a screen capture?

just press the "print screen" key on your keyboard, open any picture editor you may have (m$ paint will do), then open a new document and paste. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back