Pegasus getting Terminator license

They announced at iHobby. BTW, the Terminator kits will be 1/35 scale, making them perfect for armor dioramas. And, human rebels can be converted from 1/35 figures easily enough.

Awesome. That goes straight on the must-buy list. Will make up for the 'needs work' flying HK vinyl kit, and the heartbreaking vinyl Argonauts HK Tank. (Mine was anyway...warped to hell and back and the metal tread parts were a different width to the vinyl ones. Oh to be young and naive and never to have heard the term 'recast', again...)

Wait, 1:35? Isn't that tiny?

Did research...

A 6-Foot man would be modeled as 2 inches. [ (6 X 12 ) / 35) ]
A 1/35 scale model of a typical 1960's car would be roughly 7 Inches long.

That sucks! Too small for details, building, painting a colossal pain in the butt! Not for me! Minimum I could stand would be 1:18 scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, 1:35? Isn't that tiny?

Did research...

A 6-Foot man would be modeled as 2 inches. [ (6 X 12 ) / 35) ]
A 1/35 scale model of a typical 1960's car would be roughly 7 Inches long.

That sucks! Too small for details, building, painting a colossal pain in the butt! Not for me! Minimum I could stand would be 1:18 scale.

Too small for details? Have you SEEN what some armor and diorama modelers have been able to pull off with stuff in this scale? The techniques are actually not hard to use at all. Mastering good wash and drybrush techniques can pay extremely big dividends in this scale.

They chose 1/35 because it is probably the most popular and common armor diorama scale. There are numerous figure sets out there for everything from soldiers and irregulars and civilians, to weapon accessories, military vehicles (tanks, helicopters, even a small number of planes) and demolished buildings. Plus, in this size if one wants civilian cars or trucks, 1/32 snap vehicles are close enough in size to be adapted without looking out of place. Plus, in this scale, parts can be used with more traditional armor models to make other SF tank based creations such as Bolos or Ogres.

No sir, don't like this scale. I couldn't work on the stuff, and if it was sent out for building/painting, it would probably not survive the return trip.

The original Horizon Hunter Killer was also 1/35 scale. Plus it's been revealed that each kit will come with five T800 Endo's!

The original Horizon Hunter Killer was also 1/35 scale. Plus it's been revealed that each kit will come with five T800 Endo's!

Well, that's not too bad for an Aerial HK, but who wants five 2" tall T-800s? That's freakin' thumb sized!

Well, that's not too bad for an Aerial HK, but who wants five 2" tall T-800s? That's freakin' thumb sized!

I do, and probably quite a few others who have been begging for a decent model of this. I used to do 1/35 military and still do I/48 aircraft. Detail is not that difficult in this scale.

Here are two pics of a 1/48 A-10 Warthog I did last year. It's a forced perspective scene, flying high over a convoy of vehicles on the desert floor. The vehicles are all scrtched and all five will fit on my pinky fingernail. Working in small scale is possible, with effort.

It's bigger than 1/72 scale, which is the scale FineMolds did some of their Star Wars offerings in. Two reasons for smaller scale is.

1: size (not everyone can find room for a LARGE HT Tank and Flyer. And seeing how large they actually are in the movies... even in 35th scale they'll be reasonably sized. The old Argonauts tank kit was also 35th scale and the choice of this scale blends into already established armor modeling scales. We can't all have sixth scale stuff.

2: cost (not everyone can afford the large scale stuff, so this is an option for them + it is in an already established military model kit scale.

And you'll be surprised how sturdy these things are. You can bet they are as sturdy as resin kits, but will weigh a heck of a lot less... and won't warp as vinyl kits do. So unless whoever you send it to for painting is a complete putzh who has no clue what he's doing... you should have no worries regarding it breaking.

Anything new on Terminator is welcome, however I do agree that 1/35 is rather small. Mind you I don't have a problem with space, but I know that some of you do and you would also like to keep a consistent scale.
I just need something that stands out. A 1/35 HK will fade into the rest of my showcase but a larger 1/18 or 1/16 scale will stand out in it's gleaming polished silver coating.

Perhaps Pegasus will release something in a larger scale at a later date...after all, they do have a license.

TazMan2000

Sure, I'd rather have 1/24 stuff to go with my movie car kits but sticking with the same scale as most armor kits probably got this stuff made, so to speak. Maybe it was part of the license.

Plus think of all the diorama possibilities. Finally a not vinyl HK.

These are going to be styrene right?

Pegasus usually uses ABS instead of the typical polystyrene of the mainstream model companies.

Pegasus also offers the same kits pre-build and painted or even chromed as we have seen with the martian war machine.
So I think they like to offer scales that fit built into the
clear front packaging and chromed up HKs would sell well.

ABS is typically what Lego bricks are made of (styrene is a component of ABS plastic). It is a sturdier plastic. The minor drawback is hotter solvent glues are needed to assemble them. But, in the end they are very sturdy.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back