Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I didn't get to ride my bike, but I did get most of it together! The skirts took FOREVER. Definitely made some good progress - super happy. Left to do is securing the tail lenses better, figuring out the top console latch, mounting the compass, installing the mud flaps, swapping out the amber reflector with a white reflector on the 4" mirror, installing the brass "Property of Pee-wee Herman" plate, and running some red tubing.

WP_20180704_22_34_51_Pro.jpg

Today I was able to finish everything except installing the mud flaps (which I will probably wait on) and the top console latch. Would anyone be willing to share pics of how they did their top console latch? Just trying to find a good way to do it. I was going to use a magnet, but I'm having trouble thinking of a way to solidly attach it.

Hey PWF,

our consoles are made different, and I don't know how much room you have to work with inside the rear tail area, and I hate to try to work on stuff after it's been painted, but we just molded in the inside of the lid and made a block for the back of the console with automotive fiberglass filler and mounted a cabinet catch I got from Lowes, and it worked very well:

console latch 001.JPG console latch 002.JPG console latch 004.JPG

Last edited:
Hey PWF,

our consoles are made different, and I don't know how much room you have to work with inside the rear tail area, and I hate to try to work on stuff after it's been painted, but we just molded in the inside of the lid and made a block for the back of the console with automotive fiberglass filler and mounted a cabinet hinge I got from Lowes, and it worked very well:
Thanks for sharing! I think I will try to epoxy a piece of wood into the lid to provide a mounting surface.

I wish, the only thing being 3D printed I know of, are the tiger sirens.
Welcome to the thread Grenex.

Your wish is my command... I have started down the road of 3D printing saddlebags. I actually had one of the saddlebags made by Ruddigger 3D scanned. I can simply mirror the saddlebag in software and get the other side. Since the top console has simpler geometry, I will be modeling it directly. Still checking on the most cost effective way to print. Until now I have been having someone else print the tiger sirens, but since the bags are so large, it will take approximately 4 days to print each bag. Print time really impacts cost to have someone else do it. So, it looks like I may be buying a 3D printer. I was planning to print them in ABS and then acetone vapor smooth them. I have also considered a skeletonized version which could be covered with fiberglass or something like Wonderflex.

saddlebag.jpg

Attachments

• saddlebag_screencap.bmp
    772.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Your wish is my command... I have started down the road of 3D printing saddlebags. I actually had one of the saddlebags made by Ruddigger 3D scanned. I can simply mirror the saddlebag in software and get the other side. Since the top console has simpler geometry, I will be modeling it directly. Still checking on the most cost effective way to print. Until now I have been having someone else print the tiger sirens, but since the bags are so large, it will take approximately 4 days to print each bag. Print time really impacts cost to have someone else do it. So, it looks like I may be buying a 3D printer. I was planning to print them in ABS and then acetone vapor smooth them. I have also considered a skeletonized version which could be covered with fiberglass or something like Wonderflex.

View attachment 833519
OMG!! My hero!!!

I am planning on buying a printer soon too and will definitely print these off you make the files available!!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Well, every link I find for tiger siren 3D print files are not working :-( does anyone here actually have The 3D files they can send? I’ll throw you a few bucks for your troubles ;-)

Well, every link I find for tiger siren 3D print files are not working :-( does anyone here actually have The 3D files they can send? I’ll throw you a few bucks for your troubles ;-)
Same here! I will also contribute to the donation

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I’m even down for buying a kit if anyone has one. I have a professional sculpter on stand by to make me the tiger head if needed...but I’d rather put the money towards an already accurate one.
if there is no luck- I am considering buying the original siren on EBay that is gong for like $800, then making some molds/castings to sell to try to get some money back. If I get enough people who would want to go in on this I could get started sooner

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back