Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Well dang. I ordered some plastic skirt guards off amazon, and I'm planning on cutting the vertical segments so I have close enough skirt guards without having to individually cut the pieces out and assemble them. But anyways, I just got the email that they shipped but they won't be arriving till April. I guess this is what I get for taking shortcuts, but oh well. More time to work on other parts, I guess.

Last edited:
Here are 2 he did for a friend of mine! The are top notch!
View attachment 441735
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys, I had forgotten about the badges we comp'd up. If you guys want or have some input I can work out some more sketches and do a vector version for making them. I know its hard to make badges, so I would leave that up to someone else to manage. I would be up for one also. Just PM me.

I think I may have been referencing the Fleet and Excelsior badges of the era.

I ended up with a Post war badge on mine called American Beauty see image, they are somewhat rare but I got mine for a good price, it was destine for my wifes bike, but her bike is a 1936 and the badge is too new for it and the holes didnt match, so I put it on my X1.

american beauty.JPG

August Ebay Screen Used Bike

I got to snooping around that August ebay auction of the screen used Pee-Wee Bike.
It looks like the person who won the auction recently bid on multiple items in the Pee-Wee Herman category.
So at least it looks like the lucky winning bidder was:
1. A real person.
2. A Pee-Wee collector.

On behalf of this thread, I emailed the seller who sold the bike on ebay back in August. Here's what I wrote:

Hello,
Me (and a whole bunch of other folks making replica Pee Wee Bikes on the Replica Prop Forum) are wondering what happened to the Pee Wee Bike that was listed for a brief few minutes last August.

Do you still have it?
Do you have any of the other pieces from it?
Did it really change hands for $1600?
Where did it end up going?

A lot of us have spent years replicating this bike piece by piece, and any original bike is a holy grail.
As such, any info. you could share would be welcome indeed.

Thanks so much!
Jacob Borshard​

And the seller wrote back! He didn't answer all my questions but was kind enough to share this:

Message from: sanzo151 (189
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
)[/h] [h=3]It did sell. It was authentic. I was the appraiser for this bike and did view the original documentation. I am aware it was worth much more but was looking to make someones lucky day. I think I was able to do so.

Thanks,
Judd Sanzo

[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. I know i havent been around much lately, but i wanted to let everyone know I'm going to be selling off my remaining parts to clear out some space. I have some un cleaned up tiger head siren kits, misc bits and even a chain guard minus the surfboard and popcicle sticks. If no one is interested they have to go in storage.

Best

Gregg

G

Those are called bearings. They can be found off amazon if you look up bicycle fork bearings. They need to be greased and make sure you pick the ones for a 1" inch tube.

Well, nevermind on that. I looked in my box of bike parts and the previous owner was generous enough to have placed them into a plastic bag. Problem is, I haven't a single clue as to how they're put together.
I just spent a while de-greasing the bearings that would be seen on the outside and the kickstand, and now they're soaking in rust remover.
In other news, I got around to assembling the fork, and it's looking great so far. I would have had some photos if my phone didn't die on me in the shop.

Well, after getting the rust dissolved, I've got a kickstand. Now, I have to go through a slimy bag full of bearing parts and try to figure out how the hell they go together.

indianabric said:
see a lot of goosenecks on ebay, what is the accurate model? Or one close enough?

They used the stock Schwinn goose neck, you have an aftermarket springer anyway, so any chrome cruiser neck should work just fine, just make sure it will fit the headset and steer tube you are using, because there are different sizes.

Last edited:
All I need is the middle white triangle part with the 5 or 6 Crome pieces on it and my bike will have all the parts to put it together. Does anyone have that? It really would mean a lot if someone could help me out on that part.

indianabric said:

They used the stock Schwinn goose neck, you have an aftermarket springer anyway, so any chrome cruiser neck should work just fine, just make sure it will fit the headset and steer tube you are using, because there are different sizes.
See I was considering just using the stem that came from my base bike, but there's a head of a bolt that seems it may throw off shaping the tiger bracket:
20150214_151702.jpg

You could make another bracket to fit, but it's a little tricky to bend it and get the right angle so the siren will sit right when mounted, if you bought a siren kit with the bracket already, I'd look for a Schwinn style goose neck.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back