Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

list it on ebay for about 8K or best offer. Send links to all the TMZ's and news outlets. you will have about a 10K ASAP. Not kidding...I would really up the price as Ryan mentioned above.
Also list it on other Craigslist like the NYC and LA ones.
Good luck with the sale- but Eddie Called it. Its rough end for these bikes. At least you rode it and enjoyed it.

I appreciate all your work on your bike, Jack you inspired me to finish my bike.

I try to ride mine about 2-4 big events a year. But yes its cumbersome and you kind of worry about leaving it out. I would some cash to redo our Master bath!!

I cant see myself lettting my bike go for anything less than 10k. I'd rather hang it on a wall and look at it, if I didnt want to ride it anymore.

I cant see myself lettting my bike go for anything less than 10k. I'd rather hang it on a wall and look at it, if I didnt want to ride it anymore.

I hear you. It was definitely a fun project but I figured somebody else might give it the attention it deserves now. I don't get too emotionally attached to my projects. I restored a vintage sailboat a few years ago that turned out amazing. I sailed it for four fun years then moved on. Same thing with numerous bikes that I've restored; lots of fun but I like to clear out space for the next project. If I had kids I'd probably hang onto the Pee Wee bike. I love looking at it, but I have my heart set on a Jeep project now.

I'm the same way Jack.... The longest completed project I have is my bug now for 4 years. But if someone has a hand full of cash they own a bug! Haha! Money talks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you have the craigslist link? I'd like to see it. I am interested. I don't think $2000 is out of line. I paid $1300 for my first one.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/bik/4723676430.html

Hell of a deal for someone, especially if they are at the beginning stages of building their bike. A year ago I would have already snatched it up in about 10 seconds. I have WAY more than 2K in my bike already, & it isn't finished yet.

Jack, just wanted to say a big thanks for all of your contributions to the forum. My first siren came from you, & it really made me excited to get my build completed. Sad to see you part with it, but as you said, I'm sure it will bring great joy to someone.

I drop my phone in a cup of water and go without the RPF for most of the last few days and chaos explodes!!

Jack...I'm sad that you're giving up the Pee-wee bike, but I really hope you're able to use this to fund your next passion. I've always said I'd trade my bike for a 65 Mustang to work on, so I am very excited with you on this new prospect. Thanks for making the Tiger Sirens available for so long.

Droid, a '65 Mustang for the best bike in the world? Seems like a good trade to me! :lol

Anyways, I did a second set of of spinners using a template from way back in the thread that was made with a vector program and I used the same method as before, here they are:
DSCN0481.JPG
Of course it does still need to be attached, but it looks great!

I looked at that plate auction you guys mentioned a few pages back, and someone got a great deal. It's absolutely spot on to the screen used plate based on the limited screen time available. The only difference is the lack of holes. It has the right thickness, right font style, the right engraving technique. I'd say it's absolutely legit.

I'm also not convinced that all of the bikes had them held on by wire. The fact that all four of the bikes I've documented have them missing suggests they might have been easier to take off than the wire. I don't have anything to back that up, but I feel completely confident that this auction is legit. I just wish I'd seen it first.

Thanks for the kind words guys! Reverse-engineering this bike together over the past few years was a lot of fun. It was great the way you guys would visit the movie bikes at the Hollywood Museum and the museum in Ohio and post details and pics for the rest of us. For those of you who made custom parts available, your work came in handy. I'm blown away by the skills that you guys have!

mauidude that bike is such a good deal, jump on that!

Anyone that wanted a 4" mirror I have one more coming, I have a friend that's at the memory lane swap right now and he found me one. Pics when it arrives!

Mauidude, it still needs the yellow propeller, pinstriping on the frame and fork, the fork-mounted Persons siren will come with it but still needs to be painted red and mounted, donkey grips, and mudflaps. It has the correct Mickey Mouse bell, "Property of Pee Wee Herman" brass plate on the seat, shift lever, handbrake, tail lenses and aluminum lens rings. The frame and forks are powder-coated to prevent chipping and the fiberglass parts are painted with enamel paint. That's all I can think of at the moment. I will not ship it though, so it's either pick up only or have somebody pick it up for you and ship it to you. There would be a lot of work and worry involved with disassembling this bike, boxing up all the pieces and then hoping that nothing gets damaged by UPS.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back