Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Hey skill, I did a bit of searching and found this ebay listing!
$_57.JPG

Item: 161455949979

They look pretty close.

Thanks Brownie. I'm digging on the acrylic myself. Still need to get the lip of the guard done, as well as mount a bracket to hold it on to the top tube, which is going to be interesting.

Dalek, thanks for pointing me to those pedals. Unfortunately they are a bit grimey, & I'm not sure they would clean up, but I added a new search on Ebay for them in case they turn up again in NOS or really clean.

Hey guys,
I just caught the end of this last night on Ebay, the widow of one of the prop guys who worked on the Pee-wee movie had an original "property of" brass plaque, I didn't bid on it as it was way out of my price range, but I thought it was a good reference point for those of you who haven't made or bought one yet, you can get the aprox. size and see the correct font, by someone holding it in their hand up close, and she gives a vague description.
completed item # 271638316922

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of question that plate.... Being she said it had glue on the back from it being mounted, has no holes for mounting and the black paint in the engraving. It may have been a plate for something to do with the movie but not a bicycle plate.

Yeah, for $300, I'd have to have some proof of authenticity, it's possible that all the plaques may have had adhesive from the trophy shop they were made at, and it wasn't drilled because it was never used, or it could have been on something they received at the wrap party like you said, I'm happy with my $7.00 copy.

Plus her "late husband" is not around to authenticate the story. Not saying she's being dishonest, just that it's a lot of money with no real proof. .

She said it was gifted to him. Maybe it was glued onto a plaque or something. But she says she is selling off other hollywood memoribila and her only other auction is some white mesh pants. The selfie photos of the pants are dubious, she looks pretty hot for a widow. ;)

I thought all the women looked like that in Cali, Rudd, Ha,Ha,

maybe her aspiring model grand daughter is helping her sell stuff on Ebay, that, or she has a great plastic surgeon!

Guys, if you haven't heard yet, Paul Reubens is on the newest Nerdist podcast. Listening to it now, & he is talking about the origin of the bike & how the script took a completely different direction due to his receiving his bike in the first place. Some of it is repeats from the DVD features, but still well worth your time.

http://www.nerdist.com/pepisode/nerdist-podcast-paul-reubens/

SPOILER: He just said that they are starting shooting on the new movie in March 2015. Already have a director attached. Whoa!

Last edited:
Well, I think it's time to sell my bike. It was a fun experience to do the build, but my X1 is just collecting dust in my basement these days and I need to get a newer car, so the money will come in handy. If I don't get any takers though, I'll hang onto it.

I thought he wanted to sell it to buy a car? How long is he gonna wait? I've already got one pee wee bike but I may be interested in another.

I have it on Craigslist for $2k. It's not 100% accurate though. I don't have the donkey grips or mudflaps, and my Persons siren isn't mounted yet. Plus it has the Taiwan tiger siren. Those are items that can be taken care of pretty easily though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back