Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

X1 bike to work day 20130516b.jpg
Yeah, it was only 2 blocks from my house the Carlisle tire got bumpy, the cords ripped. I now run a Duro on the rear. I also lost the reflector in my large mirror, but I glued it in now.
I'm sure that guy will find someone that will be the bike at some price. I'm kind of done with it, I'm more excited about all the chatter it made. But like I said this will affect this board with more people building.

Hey Abe, speaking of the reflector in the mirror, how did you remove the one that got replaced? Did you pop it out from the back with an Xacto knife or did you have to take the mirror part off from the seal to remove the reflector? I'd rather not accidentally kill mine if I can keep from it. Got my clear reflector ready to go, but the amber one from the Schwinn mirror is giving me fits.

That's a cool photo, Abe. I can picture Mickey the escaped convict pulling up in his stolen convertible and offering you a ride the rest of the way.

DMarks, your bike looks great so far. Nicely done. As for the weight, these suckers are heavy, but mine rides better than any other bike I own, new or vintage. I ride it quite a bit, Many times I've ridden it over 30 miles.

In regards to that eBay bike, I saw The Onion AV Club post a link, stating it was a real bike as well. Sigh.

uploadfromtaptalk1394156953673.jpg

Well gentlemen, it's over. The winning bidder has 0 feedback so I wonder if he/she will even pay.

Get ready for more news stories saying "PEE WEE BIKE SELLS FOR $36K!"

That other bike that was just listed has 3 speeds; that would come in handy. Can't blame the guy for seeing if he gets any takers. His ad is honest, which is cool.

Indeed we'll be hearing the tale of the Pee-Wee bike that sold for $36K very soon. Glad to hear that the winning bidder has 0 feedback. Makes me feel like we may get another go at mo' drama. Who wants to place bets that it won't go for nearly that much the second time around?

At least the new bike says "fashioned after" as opposed to mis-leading any potential buyers. Not remotely accurate, but again, not a bad tribute bike. Maybe they'll get lucky & the recent brouhaha will lead to getting the $10K they are looking for.

Abe, thanks for the tip. I'll be breaking my Dremel out this weekend (hopefully that is all the breaking that will be done).

Abe & Ruddigger, holy crap, 30+ miles at once? Can't imagine trying to ride the X1 that far yet. Something for me to work up to for sure.

Last edited:
Hey guys... I am new to the sight and have been getting parts around for a Pee Wee bike for about 5 months now. I have 16 other old bikes and wanted to build the bike that kind of started my obsession!:) thought I would get in before all the people after the eBay million dollar bike!

Last edited:
Anyone have any extra skirts?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hi guys. I just joined but I've been a huge fan since the movie came out. Ive been collecting some of the parts over the years and I think you guys finally pushed me over the edge! It's nice to see I'm not alone with my obsession haha.

I grew up in santa monica just a few blocks from the 3rd St promenade where the mechanical clown scene was shot. The locals just used to call it "the old mall". It looks way different today. Now I work about a mile from frances' house in Hancock park. Abe lugo, do you still live by the 10fw or did you move?

I built myself a schwinn black phantom, and a 52 girls jc Higgins color flow back in the late 90s for an ex girlfriend and it was painted red and white. It used to get tons of attention. The Phantom was sort of evil pee wee style. It had a shark fin and a loud air horn. Now i have a customized pennyfarthing and my phantom is back to stock.

I really like the idea of doing a Francis X-2 bike or a Satan's helpers X-1. I'm thinking either blue and black or black and red. Someone has to do it! Lol

I'll throw this into the mix here too and see if anyone else can substantiate it... So I was buying a rare accessory tail light for the Higgins from a collector in Pasadena. I forgot his name as it was over 15 years ago but he lived in a really cool Victorian house. His collection was insane. He said that he helped build some of the bikes used in the movie and I believe him. He was saying something about the saddle bags being made from an air conditioning unit from a car back then. I have no idea from which model but if that were true that could definitely be worth finding out. If anyone knows anything else please post!

As a side note, my uncle who is a documentary film maker was making a film about Chicano rock n roll in the late 80s. He was staying with us for a few weeks while he was filming and he conducted an interview with Danny Flores aka chuck Rio of "tequila" fame. I still have my signed 45 record and photos!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Hello, we have a Pee Wee Bike that we purchased from a movie prop collector years ago. We have bought items from him both real and replica. He's always been a straight shooter and he claims the bike he sold us is one of the original bikes. There's no doubt that he believes it is and he didn't charge us a "documented" price, so why lie? Is there a way to authenticate it one way or the other? I have seen differences on the bike, but have also seen differences on the bike on the screen. The bike is a 1949 Schwinn according to the VIN. I read the original bikes had plastic tanks, is that true? This one has a plastic tank. The bike also shows a lot of patina leading me to believe it was not built recently. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pee wee.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back