PBY Catalina WIP

That looks really sweeet.

One question: Should the belly of the aircraft be weathered with some rust and maybe some greenish staining to reflect it's landing zones and age or would that take a lot longer to occur in real life than the modeled time period?

...One question: Should the belly of the aircraft be weathered with some rust and maybe some greenish staining to reflect it's landing zones and age or would that take a lot longer to occur in real life than the modeled time period?
I think that would be more of a "maintenance" issue than a "time" issue. "Hey Sam, the hull's starting to look a little brown and green." "Okay, we'll clean it up for ya'." Or, "Sorry, it's not in the budget right now. Remind me in May." :D

But seriously, I've never been in the military so I have no idea how good or bad they are about maintenance of that type. I'd like to think they take care of their assets, but they could spend $10,000 on the thing and have it get shot down on the next mission, so...

That looks really sweeet.

One question: Should the belly of the aircraft be weathered with some rust and maybe some greenish staining to reflect it's landing zones and age or would that take a lot longer to occur in real life than the modeled time period?

Thanks. Actually that is one thing I've noticed from all the reference pics I've found is that the belly is usually pretty clean. I guess the friction of the water take-offs and landings really shines it up. I do have a very very light wash over it, just to bring out the panel line and rivet details.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back