Part Identification HELP: MPP/BR Deckard's Blaster Screw

mugatu

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi,

I am sure the answer to my question is very simple, so I apologize that there likely won't be any major detective work required.
I need to find out what the technical or commonly used term is for the following knurled screw post-type item that is found on Vader's MPP shroud, and also on Deckard's Blaster:

SHROUD%20mpp_zpssrerwopw.jpg

It's that silver part. Sorry about the background counter top. IRL it doesn't camouflage the foreground pieces as much as it seems to in these photos.
Here are some different angles. I know there has to be a very easy common and/or technical name for this screw post, so any help is appreciated.

SCREW%20side_zpsh15yh3ze.jpg

SCREW%2034_zpszmxezb3i.jpg

Thanks for any help here.

Andy

It wasn't used for the BR blaster, the little screw thing on the side is actually from some WWII telephone thing. I forget what it's called, but I'm sure others I do, but I've got a couple of them stashed around somewhere.

It wasn't used for the BR blaster, the little screw thing on the side is actually from some WWII telephone thing. I forget what it's called, but I'm sure others I do, but I've got a couple of them stashed around somewhere.

I thought it was from a weaver gun scope.

I was referring to the part in the red box in the following photo. PoopaPapaPalps, is that the part you mean from the WWII telephone? If so, and you have some extras, can I buy one from you?

I think, and I could be wrong, that the replacement part from the Weaver scope is the part in the yellow box. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that though. This image is from the newer photos taken of the hero prop, that were published everywhere. Not sure whom this photo's creator was, but I will take it down if necessary, or give credit if anyone can tell me whom to give credit to...

DECKARDS%20BLASTER_zps71lbtmyx.jpg

I was referring to the part in the red box in the following photo. PoopaPapaPalps, is that the part you mean from the WWII telephone? If so, and you have some extras, can I buy one from you?

I think, and I could be wrong, that the replacement part from the Weaver scope is the part in the yellow box. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that though. This image is from the newer photos taken of the hero prop, that were published everywhere. Not sure whom this photo's creator was, but I will take it down if necessary, or give credit if anyone can tell me whom to give credit to...

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll200/mugatu66/MPP 2 Step Shroud/DECKARDS BLASTER_zps71lbtmyx.jpg

Yeah, thing in the red box is what I'm talking about. The weaver knob was put in to replace the original screw that sat there during production.

If I can find them, I'll let you know. I need to keep one so I can work on my blaster ;).

Excellent. Thanks guys. Seems trivial, but believe me, you've been a huge help. I'm embarrassed to tell you how long and under what wrong names I've spent looking for these!

A great place to get these for free is on the back of electronic battery back-up kits like the kind businesses use for cash resisters and computers.

On the back you can usually find one, it's used to hook up a ground wire except nobody need them and they are never used. I would pull them off at work at the different places I worked from time to time when one went bad and we were recycling it.

24455071404094-vi.jpg

Yeah, thing in the red box is what I'm talking about. The weaver knob was put in to replace the original screw that sat there during production.

If I can find them, I'll let you know. I need to keep one so I can work on my blaster ;).

PoopaPapaPalps is correct Mugatu. The knob in the red box on the blaster is called a binding post and its from a WW2 era telegraph set.

PoopaPapaPalps is correct Mugatu. The knob in the red box on the blaster is called a binding post and its from a WW2 era telegraph set.

Kramstaar, thank you. A new treasure hunt begins for me! Do you know what country's telegraph binding post this came from for the blaster?

Kramstaar, thank you. A new treasure hunt begins for me! Do you know what country's telegraph binding post this came from for the blaster?

You're more than welcome mate. I can't recall the details unfortunately but I suspect its a US part.

IMG_1422.JPG
I acquired a genuine one (and also a genuine Weaver knob) from someone over at PropSummit a few years ago and if you're interested in finding out more, I suggest you go over to www.propsummit.com because those guys know everything there is to know about the original blaster, the elements that were used in making it as well as replicas etc.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Best of luck
MARK

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back