P2 Re-breather : Pg7 Upgraded 2013 V2.

Usurper

Ive been itching to sculpt something for a while now, and i was planning on another pred head, but thats on hold until i see what Predators bring us in the way of designs next year, :)

So i thought id have a quick play at something other than a predator head, so after some searching i noticed no-one had done a P2 Re-Breather.

Before i go on, ill say this, i have NO calipers/rulers or meassuring devices, all this is done by eye only, Im fairly happy with how the general shape has come out, and scale wise as it was modled ontop of a plaster P1 bio nose, it should be pretty much big enough.

I had to take alittle artistic license with certain parts, and i guess its about 75% finsihed.

Stuff to do includes.

I have only detailed the one side, as i am still messing about with little things to try pull the symetry in.
the copper pipes are only for to give me a OVERALL look at it, i will try to replace these with pipe which is more flexible and ribbed.
the underneath stlll needs some work also.

I started this on Saturday evening, and im pretty happy with how it came out for such a short time sculpting, i do not envy you guys who sculpt totally symetrical stuff, but i guess the correct tools make it alittle easier.

hope you like the pics anyway. ( and i have not pissed off the P2 guys by doing a poor job )

( please ignore the ball of clay underneath the sculpt, that is so it does not damage the underneath details ;) )

thanks
Lee.

rb1.jpg

rb2.jpg

rb3.jpg

rb1.jpg

rb2.jpg

rb3.jpg

so will this be a full bio or

use earth magnets on the inside of the bio and on the piece your sculpting to clip it on the outside of the bio

djgs.

No its the RE-BREATHER from Predator 2. it is what it is :D

In P2 after DG is trying to escpae from P2, the predator runs outside, brings this peice out from somewhere, then takes a deep breath, presumably its some sort of breathing aparatus to help him cope with our atmosphere.

Im not sure if its something the Lair coined as a name, but i know the RE-BREATHER name has been around since the old lair.

Rebre.jpg

Rebre.jpg

Something a bit out of the ordinary and a good looking sculpt in progress. Flexible pipe will look better as you say, so keep hold of all those redundant hose pipes from washing machines etc.
Pretty dmaned good for a couple of hours work.

The pipes have to be alittle rigid to bend to the correct shape, which the copper is not at present as its way way to stiff, hopefully i can find some thin ribbed plastic pipe, then i can insert some wire inside to get the correct curve. :D

Moulding.....................casting............................................
... crap i forgot about those parts hehehe.

love the sculpting, hate the moulding and casting. :D

Im guessing i should youtube some videos on silicone moulding complex shapes.

but the thinking is, this HAS to be a resin prop, I think it would just look wrong if it was all floppy.

Another item for a new weapon wall if that ever happens.

Thanks for the feedback guys, i was alittle concerned id somehow defiled a part of the P2 :D

hopefully i will have all the little tweaks done in the next couple of days ( need to paint up a couple of masks in the mean time )

I think i may have enough silicone left to mould this thing up, ill have to check for sure.

again thanks.

yeah if anyone wants one i guess.

The only thing i will not sell is my new P1 head if thats what you are hinting at lol :D

Looks great, and something that not many people have tackled, well done
Silicones not that bad once you get used to it, took me a while to get the hang of using it, but i agree resin is the way to go for this, add some metal powder to the resin buff it out and it'll look great

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back