P1 Stunt. Second Visit.

Hippie

Hi all;

Well I am now the very proud owner of a second P1 Stunt.
My thanks to Uncle George for this. So glad you decided to do a few more.

Anyway, I thought Id share a few fotos of my progress with this one.

The first thing I did was to warm it up and re shape it slightly as the right hand fin was riding a little lower than the other and I also wanted to bring the left hand cheek out a bit.

Then I attacked the edges with a sander to get it fairly close to how I wanted it. I'll finish the edges by hand later.

Now a light dusting with primer. I find I can see things better this way.

The next step for me is to mark up for filling and sanding. I'm gona spend a fair bit of time on the rear right hand side/fin to get it how I want. Loads of filling and sanding to get them more even. I'm also gona spend a fair bit of time reworking the forhead area. Build up the dip on the right and take the left down a bit (dare I say.... Remove the dent).

I know that a lot of people like to leave the dents etc but I prefer a cleaner look.

And after the first good filling and sanding and filling ...

Ill keep more pics comming.
Please feel free to comment. All will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
so awesome to see this ..man you are on it fast! Ok ..so now you are making me re-think attacking the master ...i may re-mold it as is ..then do a polished pull from it and have the option of both the original and a polished version...been a tough debate on this as it is so nice to just get pulls from the original ..but there is something that says maybe its time to retire it ..and let history be. Anyways ..ill be fallowing this closely ..and for all those who just purchased one ..take note

I'm starting a Pro-Dent club which will also be known as the "Jason Started an Evil Trend" club. Seriously, though, I've wanted to do two more of these: one that is as near perfect as humanly possible and a battle damage. Saving my pennies and praying for at least one more run. This is looking like it's going to be really clean. Looking forward to watching the process...

Ok.
So I've spent a couple more hours on this puppy. Mainly on the top of the head and the fins.

I've dremeled out the groves in the fins. Still not sure about the rework of the left hand fin (right as you look) so I will no doubt do it again. Also the slope of rear crown drops of more sharply into the groove on the left hand side so I will build this up a bit there, also take the upper left hand of the crown down a bit to make it more even. Hope you get what I mean.

Once again I have dusted with primer so that I can see things better. Drawn in the fin grooves with a sharpie, again so I can see things better.

Fairly happy with the result on the brow piece (between the eyes). A little more work there but almost done.

More to follow.

Well Guys;

More sanding and filling. Mainly on the crown and between the eyes again.
You think yer getting there and then you see something else. F*c!

Still a hell of a long way to go but I think the top half is starting to take shape now. Theres a few places on top that I want to go over again though before I even consider the bottom half and cutting out the eyes etc.

I need it to be better as Im gona paint this one ultra glossy white which will of course show every dink.

Anyway. Pics...

Great work Hippie, your making me kinda scared though with all this work for when I get mine.

cheers and look forward to more shots. And wow the white yea love to see another one!

The cool thing about the P1 Stunt is that you have two choice - you can keep most of the dents and dings as they are and just cut the eyes out and go, OR you can fill the "imperfections" and make it smooth and perfect looking. Either way, as long as you have fun doing it thats all that matter ;)

Today...

Added a tiny bit more filler on the crown. Pretty much done there.

Made a hole in the temple for the laser wires to run through and Added the laser tunnel. I'll start cleaning this up tomorrow. I want to re shape this slightly. Not sure how yet I just know Im not happy with it as it is.

Also drilled and counter sunk the hole in the cheek ready for the air hose fitment.

excellent progress Hippie, Looking forward to seeing the laser shroud with some primer. May I ask was it pvc conduit (pipe) you made it with?

Thanks Klwl. Should have some primer on there by the weekend.
I didnt make the shroud I'm sorry fella, A former member here used to sell them but he's no longer a member.

Thank you for posting this. It will assist in the sanding process. I just got mine today, fresh from sunny California! It really is beautiful. A piece of history, if you will.

Update...

I've drilled and cut the eyes out and attached the air hose slug to the temple. Need to putty and clean around the slug then thats done.

I don't know about you guys but I hate doing eyes.
Theres gona need some filling around the edges behind the eyes as well as other areas before I can start cleaning and shaping. I'm gona spend a fair bit of time getting these right.
As ususal, thrown some primer on so that I can see what 'Im doing...

After the eyes a tad more filling of small areas, pin holes and them Im ready for wet sanding with 1200 grit.
C.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back