Original movie: Clash Of The Titans...my Bubo Owl replica

Came out very nice. I am still up in the air about getting one. I want a more weathered look. How do you think the Vinyl will react to stripping?

yah i got mine a couple weeks ago after stumbling upon it on ebay under props, i had planned like you guys gave to do a repaint or something as it is dull and not exactly shiny like the picture they showed on ebay, but overall im very happy with it.

i had messed round once before when i did a jupitor2 model with metalizing paint, i did the hull with it, turned the plastic into a surface that looked metal. so im thinking if i can get me some gold and silver in that again, it will look really nice, actually make it look even more like metal itself.

course i will have to see first if it will work in this application cuz of bubo being plastic and latex, not sure if the latex will accept the metalizing paint.

the paint was in a spraycan, and after you applied it, let dry you rubbed it down, like waxing a car, to remove excess, and buff the shine up.

I've got one of the goldenarmor.com Bubo's and am reworking it a little before I finish it. Will post it along with other Bubo goodies soon. Love the gold leaf on the vinyl Bubo. Gave me the idea to silver leaf a few parts of mine. Well Done.

@crazycollector: thanks for the compliment. Please post your progress pics, I'd like to see those and the finished piece when it's completed.

The gold and silver leaf turned out great. Are you going to do any weathering?

Thanks for the compliment on my leafing; as for the weathering...I thought about it but it looks so pretty I'm not sure if its a good idea. In the original film he doesn't look all dirty or beat up so that's why I left him shiny like he is; although giving him that weathered look would give him more of that authentic "ancient artifact" appeal. :lol Maybe I will after all

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back