Original 1977 ANH Stormtrooper Armor and Helmet

Hi Guys I've not been on here in a while I've been snowed under with work and such like.
Anyway I thought you guys would like a look at some more pictures of the suit, I've since painstakingly removed the black paint from the arms and the thermal detonator. (so photos of that to follow)

The inside of the helmet has been cast and the results are exceptional there are details that i didn't expect to pick up such as brush strokes you can see from the original clay(very much like in the pictures below).

We currently have a prototype helmet and we hope to be pulling some abs hero helmets very soon.

Please do not post them anywhere else without my permission.

The inside of the helmet has been cast and the results are exceptional there are details that i didn't expect to pick up such as brush strokes you can see from the original clay(very much like in the pictures below).

We currently have a prototype helmet and we hope to be pulling some abs hero helmets very soon.

I don't really understand that. The clay master was casted and cleaned up a bit to get sharper edges and smoother surface. Also the HDPE has texture to it so, there are still brush details from the master? Really?

And, if you're working with JoeR and sskunky (CfO), tell them that, if they do accurate HDPE helmets, I'm going to buy one. :cool

P.S.: I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just trying to understand what you said :thumbsup

Unfortunately we are not involved in this venture. Although we did offer:)
Can't wait to see it.
Si, you can put me down for one.

I don't really understand that. The clay master was casted and cleaned up a bit to get sharper edges and smoother surface. Also the HDPE has texture to it so, there are still brush details from the master? Really?

And, if you're working with JoeR and sskunky (CfO), tell them that, if they do accurate HDPE helmets, I'm going to buy one. :cool

P.S.: I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just trying to understand what you said :thumbsup
I know your not calling me a liar, But if you look at the brow of the helmet in the close up view I've posted you see, marks in the hdpe which to me look like brush strokes never the less it show a lot of imperfections which will make this helmet youneek.

Yep, I see these texture details. I don't think they are brush marks but sculpt details. Anyway, the helmet you have is a extremely sharp cast so I can't wait to see what have you made with the moulds! :love

I just wanted to add that I applaud your attitude of sharing and openness with this suit. It's an awsome thing that it's not just hidden away and horded from everyone. Your a real champ for doing this and don't ever think it's not greatly appreciated.

Ben

Very nice photos, thank you for posting them SiMan, and great to hear about the moulds. You have a particularly nice trooper helmet there, so the pulls from it should look exceptional!

(Interested, especially if you can find kharki HDPE :love)

A sight to see, I'm very excited to see the results of the helmet molds... If pulls are offered in an unmolested form, I'll be standing in line...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back