Once Upon A Time - everything about !

Rivka

Hi here !Before starting, I have to say that I'm French so sorry for my English !I've watch OUAT 1st season about a year ago and 'till know I'm just scotched to it ! Before watching, I didn't like the idea of the show (mixing fairytales with modern life) but the result is so great ! You just don't have time to get bored, jumping from a story to another...My favorite characters are the Evil Queen Regina (just one look from Lana Parilla and I feel uneased... :rolleyes), and the incredible Rumplestilskin. I really enjoyed to see him the way he has to be in the 6th episode in season 5 (the last I've watched this week).So, who are YOUR favorite characters ? Want to talk about the show ? Let's go !!!

Attachments

• onceuponatime.jpg
    onceuponatime.jpg
    624.4 KB · Views: 114
I enjoy the show, but it saddens me that they seem to be limited to one good/decent storyarc per season, and one bad one per season (baring the first season, given that it was a full-season arc). I also have noticed that I find myself caring not that much of the "fairy tale" characters, but more about the pure (or closer to) Disney characters. The Frozen cast, Mulan, and Merida are far more interesting than anyone else. Especially with Frozen and Merida, since they're building upon the story of the movie, continuing it, rather than rewriting it (Mulan we don't really know anything about in OUaT, so we can't really say if hers is post-movie or a rewrite or a mix).

I enjoy the show, but it saddens me that they seem to be limited to one good/decent storyarc per season, and one bad one per season (baring the first season, given that it was a full-season arc). I also have noticed that I find myself caring not that much of the "fairy tale" characters, but more about the pure (or closer to) Disney characters. The Frozen cast, Mulan, and Merida are far more interesting than anyone else. Especially with Frozen and Merida, since they're building upon the story of the movie, continuing it, rather than rewriting it (Mulan we don't really know anything about in OUaT, so we can't really say if hers is post-movie or a rewrite or a mix).

Some of that is simply because the more recent characters are more balanced right out of the box, while characters from older Disney movies need a little "tweaking" to work for modern audiences.

~~~~

Personally I'm loving the show. It's a great concept. There are a few actors who annoy me and every once in a while it seems like the costume department just has a nervous breakdown or something and decides to just go bat**** crazy. But the concept is great and most of the lead actors do a really good job.

Henry is 1 of like...10 child actors EVER that I actually like and don't want to see eaten by the monster (Still annoyed with Jurrasic park that the dinosaurs never ate Timmy).
Rumplestiltskin is great (But I pretty much always like Robert Carlyle)
LOVE Lana Parilla as the Evil Queen
Meghan Ory as Ruby is also a big favorite for me.
Hook won me over.
Gappetto - I am now convinced that no one will ever play this role as well as Tony Amendola
Special mention to David/Prince Charming...that has to be the most impossible character to play. NO ONE wants to like Prince charming, and yet he manages to actually play the character in a way that makes you root for him.

lots of others....actually the more I think about it the more I like almost all of the cast. A lot.

One thing that does annoy me is some of Emma's storylines.

Like...how she goes on and on and on for an entire season about her parents abandoning her...when pretty much the ENTIRE first season is about how she did the same thing for a WAY worse reason. I also generally hate the "I don't want super powers" storyline...I hated that in Superman, I hated it in Xmen, and I hate it in this one. It's a stupid trope. EVERYONE wants super powers. End of angst.

and they continually write her to be one of the dumbest people in the show...such as the half season she spent convinced that even though it was totally fake and a demon monkey stalked her, and they have no defenses...she was still planning to take Henry back to their fake New York life...even though he's also NOT legally her son (we all just kind of forgot that detail didn't we?)

About Henry, I have to say that he's for me the worst character... Really don't like his face, his voice... I rather prefer Peter Pan's actor who has much stronger personality.
About Emma, I quite agree, her role isn't the best one but in the last season she's really different as the Dark Swan. And I LOVE how they turned Hook !!! I didn't like him much at the beginning, so selfish, and then just Emma's puppy... But now, he IS interesting !

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back