Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY - RINZLER, Sam & TRON Movie Replica Suits.

Re: Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY - Movie Replica Suits.RINZLER Image added 6/9

Very nice jackets...

Can't wait for the Rinzler one... That will look cool. Less lights or course, but the design is a lot cooler. :D

There's something really aggressive-looking about the RINZLER suit design, it's complex and subtle all at the same time...and both RINZLER and TRON will be on display in our booth at SDCC.:thumbsup

Hey Chris,
I'll be adding more info to the our Captain America:TFA Movie Replica Motorcycle Suit thread here as well....and, it too will be on display at SDCC...My gut tells me you'll want to try it on. :)

David

Re: Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY - Movie Replica Suits.RINZLER Image added 6/9

Time to get this thread back on track!
SDCC was the official debut of our Rinzler and TRON suits, and I'm thrilled to say the response to these new character motorcycle suits was rather overwhelming.:thumbsup

The details are crisp, very organic in nature...and the overall bad ass design translated beautifully through our usual form molded leather techniques.
The whole Rinzler suit...Jacket, Pants, Boots, Gloves...was on display, and the TRON jacket was there to try on by all interested parties.

Now on to some pics....:cool

604cbee6.jpg

2b0fb586.jpg

6a0c43d1.jpg

e6c2e5d2.jpg

388d8222.jpg

a7acd4ad.jpg

f4eef2e2.jpg

c4a9992d.jpg

5437a8a0.jpg

8d480798.jpg

276457be.jpg

We'll be shooting the website images and content for the sales pages in the next few days, and once ready we'll update the thread with projected opening of sales dates.

Thanks again to all who stopped by, it truly was an incredible 5 days...and an awesome pleasure to spend time with you guys!
Cheers.

David

Re: Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY - RINZLER & TRON Movie Replica Suit Images added

Looks great! So it's just reflective tape I take it, just like the other Tron suits, not actually lit up?

Re: Officially Licensed TRON LEGACY - RINZLER & TRON Movie Replica Suit Images added

That rinzler suit is amazing!!!

Too bad there's no helmet to match... o_O

I just wanted to add a few words on SDCC. David had a lot of new product there. In talking to him anonymously, he was cordial. When eventually inquiring about issues, he admitted to having a half dozen or so and what UDR was doing to prevent them from happening again. In all, this last experience with David was much different than what I had experienced in the past and refreshingly pleasant.

I haven't checked into this thread in a while . . . wow, it's been a while!

I had a very minor shipping hiccup but communication and service with David was always pleasant and helpful. In the end, everything worked out more than fine and the product speaks for itself.

I also had a chance to make it to SDCC - David was great as always. And holy crap (can I say that here?) the upcoming products look absolutely amazing!

Anyhow, after 5 days of Comic-Con we were pretty pooped. I can't imagine David manning his booth/station for the whole time and not be a little run down hehe! Still he was a "trooper" :lol and was smiling pretty much every time we walked by (we did many loops around the main exhibit hall to shop and browse.)

On a side note, I'm not a huge Captain America fan (not being American and such) but wow, that suit he had on display was stunning . . . and tempting to buy!

You're going to make me buy a motorcycle now so I don't come off as the weird guy with a stormtrooper motorcycle jacket that does not actually own a motorcycle...

you wouldnt be the first person to own UDR gear and not own or intend to own a motorcycle.

You could be that weird motorcycle guy with a stormtrooper jacket. LOL. Just enjoy the jacket either way.

i've discovered your work about a week ago... and i realy love it..
I'm a long fan of tron and i love the new design.

I'm also an every day motorcycle driver (I own a Suzuki GSR 600) and the design with the high reflective parts is great for safety ... if the people in cars just look in their rearview mirors ....or just open their eyes ...

I've just a little question about the full back spine protection, do you have a picture of it ?

Anyway i'm waiting for a friend's adress in quebec to order it (I live in france and, apparently, you can't sent it here.

Hey David, or anyone on the RPF for that matter,

My gf bought me the tron jacket and I've been in love with it ever since ive had it. I cant help but feel stronger? or just have such a strong presence when i wear it out. the only issue I have is the sizing is XL and fits me too huges above my chest and shoulders and too tight on my wait.

Are you able to customize make these based on size measurements? Im thinking of buying another and not telling my gf so she doesn't feel upset :-(

David,

Really loving this suit design. I know you've mentioned a few times in previous posts that you are looking into doing the light versions on a mass scale but curious if you are doing any one offs? Highly interested in funding a Sam Flynn Grid One off with EL Tape or LEDs with an actual disc holder.

Your stuff is amazing. Really excited to see the Captain America suit.

i've ordered a sam's jacket yesterday ! I can't wait to have it ;)

too bad i can't afford the whole suit !

RINZLER Movie Replica Motorcycle Suit....Pre Orders start in approx 2 weeks.

d776cfd1.jpg

BTW, screen used helmet NOT included! :angel :cool

David

Hey David!

that image rocks man. the suit is spot on. is that the actual helmet from Disney?? that suit is awesome!

Hey David!

that image rocks man. the suit is spot on. is that the actual helmet from Disney?? that suit is awesome!

Thanks guys! Yes, it is the screen used helmet. This gives an overall impression as to just how close we got the entire 'Movie Replica' aspect of this suit by being able to see it with the actual helmet being worn.

Here's one more.... :angel

6aa3c5d4.jpg

David

There are very few people who really master their craft. David, you are one of those rare few. I truely appreciate the time, blood, sweat and tears you've put into this endevour of yours, it is an art. I've always been one to encourage people to excell in their art and you've inspired me to continue to excell in mine. Thank you and here's to your continued success.

Dave your PM box is gonna explode now that every Tron fan can see you got your hands on a screen used Rinzler helmet!

There are several people working on sculpts that can't get the dimensions quite right... Tis a very hard shape to see especially since it's mirror black!

I'll go ahead and answer for Dave and UD... THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO SHARE INFO OR PICS! Disney is UBER strict about unlicensed replicase and we should even be thankfull they let him post early pics here! Let alone any of that helmet!

Looks KILLER guys! Top notch!

I want to purchase or build a CLU costume from Tron Legacy for Halloween (and personal cool desires). Would anyone know where to look, start etc? Including identiy disc and helmet. Any advice would be most welcome!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back