Officially Licensed: G.I.JOE Products by UD Replicas. One More Time!!!

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by DAVIDYR1, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAVIDYR1

DAVIDYR1 Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

As of Sept 25th 2017
    It's with great pleasure that we announce the return of our Officially Licensed G.I JOE Product Line.
    Over the next few weeks we'll be working diligently to bring all previous products released back to the website...and quite possibly with some new ones too!
    Did you originally miss out on the Cobra Commander Leather Trench Coat? How about Snake Eyes....or were you hoping to see our Stormshadow Leather Replica come to life?
    They're ALL returning to www.UDreplicas.com...and with a few NEW surprises to come!
    Yo JOE!
    ....or
    Cobra-la-la-la!

UD Replicas - Universal Designs Ltd. has been licensed by Hasbro for the G.I.JOE Movie Franchise, consisting of 'Rise of Cobra' and it's soon to be released sequel 'Retaliation'.

You can expect to see very detailed and highly accurate movie replica uniforms, that will not be exclusive to biker wear entirely...as well as leather outerwear, textiles and generic garments designed around the G.I.Joe franchise.

As such, we're entertaining the introduction of our first line of movie replica helmets and masks as the perfect accessory to compliment these future 'Movie Replica Uniform' releases.

For the time being...here's a tease of what's to come. :cool

[​IMG]

But there is sooo much more to come....:love

Also let me nip this one in the bud right away.....
    YES, we're going to release SNAKE EYES and STORMSHADOW....along with several others in the very near future. :thumbsup

Enjoy.

David

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  2. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Re: Officially Licensed: G.I.JOE Retaliation - Movie Replica Uniforms and Outerwear

WHEWHOO!!! Can't wait to see what all this brings! Congrats, David!

3. Zendragon

Zendragon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Officially Licensed: G.I.JOE Retaliation - Movie Replica Uniforms and Outerwear

Awesome!!

4. Got Maul

Got Maul Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I. Just. Died.

This looks AMAZING !!!!

5. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

Ruber patch? Sounds cool. :) Don't worry Dave, I won't even mention it at all this weekend. Nope, not once!

6. Hacksaw44

Hacksaw44 Well-Known Member

Nicccce !!!!

7. Mr Fett

Mr Fett Sr Member

You had me at Snake-Eyes. LOL

8. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

OMGOMGOMGOMG... :behave THUD.

This looks AWESOME!

9. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

Very cool!!!! Congrats on the license too!

10. Bowelrock

Bowelrock Sr Member

That's a badass looking Jacket.

11. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Sr Member

David,
    You and your company never cease to amaze me with your great work.

Brandon

12. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yeah Buddy!

13. mothmonty

mothmonty Well-Known Member

very cool

14. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

General Hawk's jacket from the first movie, I always liked that jacket. Very nice offering.

15. yt

yt Sr Member

That's really cool.

16. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

That must be what the pictures of my original Hawk jacket was used for.....

glad to see it went to good use.

17. DAVIDYR1

Thanks folks, we're very excited by what's to come with this G.I.JOE product line, and the possible addition of prop helmets as well. :thumbsup

A sincere thanks Brandon! We really do try to 'out do' ourselves with each and every new product offering... and I personally make it a point to earn each and everyone's business....or at the very least demonstrate the passion and drive we have for the goods we produce.:)

It's never been my style to just sit on past successes, instead we all make sure to work twice as hard with each new future product issued. If we didn't, simply put...it would show in the finished garments and you guys would pick up on it in a heart beat. :lol
    Still, the support and encouragement we get from you guys here does make it that much easier...and certainly a lot more fun!

Tardis55,
    Some of our research on the 'Rise of Cobra' Hawk jacket did result in a couple of photos of your screen used jacket provided...thanks so much for sharing bud!:thumbsup

David

18. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

My Brother.

You, your wife and your team DESERVE everything that keeps coming your way!

Such humble awesome people. :)

I've only wished ONE thing for you guys... And I don't know if you recall but we did discuss it a while back... That you guys be allowed and licensed to create costumes/leather goods/masks/props that were NOT motorcycle wear.

The motorcycle wear IS frakking AWESOME! But the ability to do THAT AND regular costuming????

Good grief!

This is HUGE!!!!

Can't wait to see what comes next!!!

Congratulations David, Rimma, and the entire UD crew! :cheers

19. DAVIDYR1

Thanks bud! You're always so cool with your posts and I sincerely appreciate your support. :thumbsup

The good news is that with our G.I.JOE line, it WILL have the 'high end' Uniform product that many of you have been waiting for. Some goods, like this jacket shown here will have the biker armor in it because it just lends itself to just such a function but...that is absolutely not the only basis for these goods...and this is the first license for us where we do have this latitude. Expect others to be made and marketed as Movie Replica Uniforms, not only biker wear. :thumbsup
    What's the difference? Well, we're working with the original costume makers from the 2 feature films and our goal is to replicate what they did for the film...difference being that as a high end movie replica it will have durable materials VS the occasional use of 'movie magic' to bring these awesome costumes to life on the big screen. :cool

We hope to reach all fans of the G.I.JOE world...collectors, costumers, bikers...and anyone that just digs the designs of the G.I.JOE universe.

Thanks again bud!(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Also...

New Pics from Wizard World Toronto, and a better look at the G.I.Joe jacket. Remember, this is Buffalo and not Cow....looks and feels awesome. [​IMG]

For the most part, pics are from the mornings right after set up...and well before the crowds showed up. Busy show, and lots of fun!

The gang from Being Human stopped by the booth, and fell in love with the Tron line.

New Batman Begins: NOMEX suit pics...and the first glimpse of the version with the Batlogo!

TDK Batman: Back Pack - Pics of the prototype on display...still needs some final tweaks but it's without a doubt a fantastic accessory and something that we feel is a MUST HAVE for any Batman fan. [​IMG]

...and as usual, clients wearing their jackets or suits to the show. Oh and do look carefully at the pic with the Slave Leia...there are in fact Batsuits in that pic as well.:lol

Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

David

20. yeek

yeek Member

Re: Officially Licensed: G.I.JOE Retaliation - Movie Replica Uniforms. Pic Heavy 4/17

Great photos!! Can't wait to see the Joe line!!

21. Talisen

Talisen Sr Member

Re: Officially Licensed: G.I.JOE Retaliation - Movie Replica Uniforms. Pic Heavy 4/17

Whew, pic heavy is right (you'll zip right by the one of me in my Sandrtrooper)! The Con was a blast and it's always great meeting up with David. Love the pics of your girls, too!!

22. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

one day i will be able to afford this, one day...

dont you have the Daredevil one in production anymore? thats my favorite so far ;)

23. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

Love the variety! One question, will the helmets/masks be DOT or SNELL approved?

24. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

Cool stuff! I also can't wait to see the rest of the GI Joe stuff!

The only thing I noticed on the Slave Leia is the red bra straps. Find a real fangirl to show you how to properly wear it. Doesn't impress me. Also anyone else see the irony in her being a Naked News reporter, but she's afraid to wear the top without an extra bra? :lol

25. tijuanajack2002

tijuanajack2002 New Member

David,

Great news, I am intrested in the Snake Eyes suit. Is there a posibility of making a latex prosthetick to go over a daytona skull cap helmet and add the face mask to the helmet to make a DOT approved functional replica helmet? As I understand you can glue items on but nto drill or screw into the helmet and still retain the DOT sticker. Will the armor pieces be hardened?

26. DAVIDYR1

Re: Officially Licensed: G.I.JOE Retaliation - Movie Replica Prop HELMETS! 7/11

We're well into pre-production on Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander and other characters from GI JOE...and now that we have our hands on actual armor cast from the movie molds, fabric swatches and paper patterns direct from the costume makers....I'd say this line of Movie Replica Outerwear and Uniforms is really starting to take shape. :cool

Very excited to be working with this kind of hands-on reference material because it's going to lead to visual carbon copies of what was seen on film....

And....we have 9 more months to make sure we get it right!!!!!!!:lol

More to come!

We haven't completely decided how to handle the helmets from this franchise...but if we do proceed they will be movie replicas...and not in any way functional biker helmets.
    Sorry no latex prosthetics or helmet add on's...that's not our product specialty. Movie Replica Outerwear - Biker Suits - Uniforms and so on....:thumbsup

As it is we do not produce, sell or have any relation to any headgear. Be it functional biker helmets or other...the decision to introduce some form of display or wearable helmet is still on the table...but in no way will any of these be wearable biker helmets IF we move forward with them.

David

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  27. neilo1

neilo1 Well-Known Member

I'd like one of those cool UD replica orange shirts! Do you sell those David? I'm sure if you brought some to the Toronto party Saturday they'd go fast.

Cheers,
    Neil.

28. Chris Fields

Chris Fields Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Liar.. there are no bat suits in that slave leia pic...

29. DAVIDYR1

Just a quick update here....:cool

I'm at my desk with armor cast from the studio molds, paper patterns made for us by the actual costume makers, and the most incredible step by step instructions I've ever had in hand to reproduce movie replica items. :thumbsup All this for multiple characters from the new G.I. JOE Retaliation film.

This is where I tip my hat to those that brought these G.I JOE Retaliation characters to life on the big screen...incredible doesn't even cover the work they've done, and with their involvement we're going to virtually duplicate what was seen on film for our G.I JOE Retaliation Line.:love

Oh, and those of you wondering how the new release date for this movie affects us....well, simply put...now we have all the time in the world for a full product release to market, with deliveries to coincide with the release of the film! In short, this is great news for anyone looking to own any one of these 'Movie Replica Uniforms' we're now working to bring to life....because we have the luxury of time on our side.

More to come...

David

30. Eopie Herder

Eopie Herder Sr Member

Any decision on if you're going to make the helmets? Someone needs to do that Cobra Commander!

31. DAVIDYR1

Our intention is to do several different Helmets....but I'm not ready to confirm anything yet.

The good news is that we have time to do this right IF we do proceed with them.:thumbsup

David

32. vorta88

vorta88 New Member

I am drooling right now...

33. neilo1

neilo1 Well-Known Member

I tried the jacket on at the Toronto Party, phenominal quality and feel. Fantastic work as always David!

34. SSgt Burton

SSgt Burton Sr Member

As always David, I'm blown away by your work!

Congratulations on the GI Joe licence! :thumbsup

Kevin

35. DAVIDYR1

You guys rock!:thumbsup

I just saw this pic in the Movie Forum thread......
    .....aaand I'm 'borrowing' it because it's just too 'pimp' to ignore....:lol

[​IMG]

:love
    Way cool!

David

36. King Ranger

King Ranger Sr Member

Ok I just have to say that is an AWESOME looking suit. Was not expecting that at all.

37. crabra comander

crabra comander Sr Member

You guys are awesome and I'm glad you're able to have the luxury of time on your side.

38. Bandit-Jedi

Bandit-Jedi Sr Member

Man, just when I thought that the T:L line was gonna be enough for me you go ahead and throw Storm Shadow in the mix...oh man.

I soooooo cannot wait for more updates!

39. DAVIDYR1

[​IMG]

David

40. Dave Porter

Dave Porter Sr Member

Re: Officially Licensed: G.I.JOE Retaliation - Movie Replica Uniforms. Updated 12/11

Very nice!

Just waiting for the Hawk jacket to come available.

I've been in love with it since the party in June.

41. Bandit-Jedi

Bandit-Jedi Sr Member

Re: Officially Licensed: G.I.JOE Retaliation - Movie Replica Uniforms. Updated 12/11

So awesome!

42. DAVIDYR1

Back from the International Motorcycle Super Show, and surprise - surprise... with some GI JOE goodies...:cool

With much much much more to come.:thumbsup

Not sure what's up with Photobucket but they're rotating my pics for some reason.:wacko ..hoping to correct it, sorry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course, the rest of our current line up...with some added works in progress, prototypes and production goods. :cool

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

David

43. JBReplicas

JBReplicas Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Re: Officially Licensed: G.I.JOE Retaliation - Movie Replica Uniforms. Updated 1/7

Amazing, that Cobra Commander coat looks fantastic, any word on the helmet to go with it yet? :love

44. Captainjaze

Captainjaze Active Member

Re: Officially Licensed: G.I.JOE Retaliation - Movie Replica Uniforms. Updated 1/7

David You've done it again!!! AMAZING WORK!!!! Will you be offering The Cobra Commander closer to 2nd or 3rd quarter!! thanks again bud!!! GREAT WORK!! ;)

45. DAVIDYR1

Thank You and Thank You!:)

JBReplicas,
    The Cobra Commander Helmet, and others actually are an entirely different beast and we're in the process of organizing/managing this new phase of product offerings.
    Translation: I want it done right!:lol .....so we're still working on it.:cool

Lance,
    This and several others are going up for pre-sale shortly...certainly before the release of the film in March but I don't have a definitive date yet. :thumbsup

David

46. JBReplicas

JBReplicas Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great news David, I hope to be able to add the whole Commander suit to my collection, I had to abandon my effort to make the helmet as it was so tough! I didn't have an original for reference though :love

47. Monkey67

Monkey67 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

COBRA LA!

i think my buddy just fainted over here...hmm i better call the EMT's if he doesnt wake up in a min.

48. nwjedidave

nwjedidave Sr Member

As usual outstanding stuff David!

Does armor/protection on the "leather with tails" womens coat come off? I think my wife would really like that coat, but she doesn't ride a bike.

49. Scott Kaufmann

Scott Kaufmann New Member

I can't even begin to say how badly I want to walk around in that Cobra Commander coat David.

50. Gee2

Gee2 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Yep, this is just cool. I'm chomping at the bit to see the Snake Eyes stuff!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.