Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Hey everyone,

Long time lurker on here, this thread has been a lifesaver.

My question is: How do you know you own a V3.1 vs a V3? What are the main differences?

I ask because I’m not sure what the red/yellow/green lights should look like when charging. Are there different V3.1 batches out there?
Take a picture of the heel lights. If it's a big orange blob in the photo, it's a v3. If you can make out the three different colors clearly, it's a v3.1. there are v3.2s going around that feature a charging indicator. The heel lights blink on and off when charging and stay solid when full

Does anyone know how long it takes for a full charge? I own the 3.1s and never really sure how long I should have them on charge for?

Thanks RPF :)

Hey everyone, new to forums, Ive been working on a v3.1 for almost a year now, and decided to fully revamp the cheap logic board with the bad charging port and hopefully moving to a USB type c cable charge and new MB and yes Im still using the original components and connections.

Im curious if anyone has figured out the EL panels circuit rating, (capacitance, voltage rating, resistance values, etc...)

I would appreciate any input in this matter,

Thanks

Last edited:
Hey all, I was able to find a very helpful repair group on Facebook labeled, BTTF Nike Mag Repair / Upgrade Group.

It's headed by a man by the name of Paul Grice and I highly recommend directing your efforts and question there. As you may have seen, my Nike Air Mags v3.1 has had a broken charging port since I first received it, and I paid less than $3 dollars to receive the parts to repair it. I never would've been able to do this without the help of this group, so check it out!

Wow it's been a long time. I haven't been active in quite a while. I don't know if anyone is really repairing/upgrading these mags anymore, but I got burnt out a while back. I found a decent amount of parts and if anyone wants to take them off my hands I'd make a good deal for everything I have. If someone wants to start providing a service I am willing to help however possible. I also have quite a few molds I haven't used in years.

Attachments

• Capture236346.PNG
    Capture236346.PNG
    3.7 MB · Views: 222
Wow it's been a long time. I haven't been active in quite a while. I don't know if anyone is really repairing/upgrading these mags anymore, but I got burnt out a while back. I found a decent amount of parts and if anyone wants to take them off my hands I'd make a good deal for everything I have. If someone wants to start providing a service I am willing to help however possible. I also have quite a few molds I haven't used in years.
Are those V3 or V3.1 electronics?

Are those V3 or V3.1 electronics?
These are the upgraded parts I had made. I am not sure what features the V3.1 offer, but mine have a few features over the original electronics.

- My EL panels are much more durable and have thicker internal connections and heavy lamination
- The main boards feature low voltage protection, solder points to add an external inverter to increase EL brightness
- LED ankle board is dimmer and also shows charging status. Red row blinks when charging and green will turn on when 100%
- Direct replacement batteries 1000mah and upgraded 1800mah
- I still offer clear or icy non-yellowing soles (however not the easiest to swap out)

Alright guys.... I DIDN’T GET SCAMMED! :-D

Received the shoes this afternoon (one day early, GO DHL!) and the box and everything inside was in pristine condition and didn’t have any damage in transit besides a some slight depressing on the corners which is inevitable considering they came all the way from Hong Kong.

The shoes came with the usual miniature license plate, poster with paper strip/seal that reads “IT’S ABOUT TIME,” and obviously the charging cable (US plug) with two cables/plugs so you can charge both shoes at the same time.

My only gripes so far are with the left shoe which has a tiny indentation on the fabric near the front on the left side but its barely noticeable until you’re holding the shoe very close to your face (you can tell in the pictures I’ve attached). The left shoe also has a very finicky LED power button which has to be pressed in a very specific way for the lights to turn on. Aside from these fairly minor details both shoes look great and don’t have any glue showing or major flaws that I can find. They look amazing in person and all the lights are very bright and so far appear to be functioning as intended. Overall I’m extremely satisfied with them.

Leaving the lights on now to see how long the batteries last (and to make sure they aren’t defective). Will take some on-feet photos soon and post them here for you all, but for now I’ve attached high-res photos of each shoe with flash (no filters).

Now to work on my BTTF shrine.... can’t wait to have all my props on display and these shoes right below my markpoon jacket!!! [emoji2956]View attachment 1335093
View attachment 1335092
View attachment 1335094
View attachment 1335095
View attachment 1335096
View attachment 1335097
View attachment 1335098
View attachment 1335099
View attachment 1335100
can I ask did you pay as friends and family or not via PayPal?

Alright guys.... I DIDN’T GET SCAMMED! :-D

Received the shoes this afternoon (one day early, GO DHL!) and the box and everything inside was in pristine condition and didn’t have any damage in transit besides a some slight depressing on the corners which is inevitable considering they came all the way from Hong Kong.

The shoes came with the usual miniature license plate, poster with paper strip/seal that reads “IT’S ABOUT TIME,” and obviously the charging cable (US plug) with two cables/plugs so you can charge both shoes at the same time.

My only gripes so far are with the left shoe which has a tiny indentation on the fabric near the front on the left side but its barely noticeable until you’re holding the shoe very close to your face (you can tell in the pictures I’ve attached). The left shoe also has a very finicky LED power button which has to be pressed in a very specific way for the lights to turn on. Aside from these fairly minor details both shoes look great and don’t have any glue showing or major flaws that I can find. They look amazing in person and all the lights are very bright and so far appear to be functioning as intended. Overall I’m extremely satisfied with them.

Leaving the lights on now to see how long the batteries last (and to make sure they aren’t defective). Will take some on-feet photos soon and post them here for you all, but for now I’ve attached high-res photos of each shoe with flash (no filters).

Now to work on my BTTF shrine.... can’t wait to have all my props on display and these shoes right below my markpoon jacket!!! [emoji2956]View attachment 1335093
View attachment 1335092
View attachment 1335094
View attachment 1335095
View attachment 1335096
View attachment 1335097
View attachment 1335098
View attachment 1335099
View attachment 1335100
can I ask dd you pay via friends and family or not with PayPal to ow factory?

Does anyone know if the supposed V4.1 auto lace mags with upgraded charging port and heel trigger were ever released? If so where is a good place to get them?

Hello everyone, I'm actually a newbie on this forum but have been a long time fan of BTTF and obviously of the NIKE MAG. I already had three different models of it the chinese V2 that rather look like an astronaut boot. Wrong patern not the good height for the tongue, bad lights and so on. Then I got the UNIVERSAL official one's from Halloween Costumes and upgrades them with the AIR MAG letters and the NIKE blue LED strap to the ankle. Finally I now have the V3 ones that are the most accurate and well finished ones. Yet I have a few tiny stains and one of the heel lights has a bad connection and lights whenever it likes.

I'm hence planning to get a new pair of the V3.1 ones with the charging device and ligthing well. COULS ANY OF YOU GUYS TELL WE'RE TO GO ( I MEAN WHAT TRUSTED SITE TO GET THEM ), I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE AND I DON'T MANAGE TO FIND THEM ANYWHERE.

BY ADVANCE THANKS FOR ALL FOR YOUR ANSWERS, CHEERS.

So as a matter of fact, this is how my V2 had ended after my mods. Not perfect but yet pretty cool. I'm not that good to have dared to rip them off as some did to change to EL sheets and so on but they sounded cool enough to me at least till the V3 came in of course. Pics of that one in the end of this message

DSC_0250.jpg
DSC_0245.jpg
DSC_0228.jpg
DSC_0236.jpg

Hi Everyone! I haven’t posted in a while. Lol I was wondering if anyone knows if anyone is doing repairs on the V3 mags. Unfortunately, the guys that did work on them doesn’t want to fix them anymore so I’m looking for help. I had the LED upgrade done on them but it seems like the right shoe doesn’t light up after charging them today. Sad day for me guys. Lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back