Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Thanks again for your response cavx, I really appreciate it. The soles on your instagram look super good btw. I have liquid Rit DyeMore synthetic dye; when I put it on the yellow soles of HC mags I did not heat it up at all. Not sure if that is why they didn't turn out as well as yours. Any recommendations for an insole that might take some pressure off the lights, or is this just a myth?

Just so we are on the same page, the sole on the right is my replacement, not a dyed factory part.
The photo in the link is what they looked like when I first did them in 2017, so 2 years ago. I have not redone them since.

As for the inner sole, I posted about this recently. Go back a few pages.

Thanks, I'll take a look. Thanks for letting me know.
I really appreciate your responses.
Also, what specific colour of Rit dye did you use for the soles on your instagram? There are lots of different blues.

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll take a look. Thanks for letting me know.
I really appreciate your responses.
Also, what specific colour of Rit dye did you use for the soles on your instagram? There are lots of different blues.
I used Kentucky Sky where most guys used a Navy. I didn't want to make the soles too dark, even though it did happen on one trial of dying.

Hey cavx,
So for the mags on your Instagram, you dyed your factory parts with the Kentucky Blue dye? They look fantastic and super close to the 2011 mags in terms of sole colour.
Thanks for helping me out.

This is not dyed this is a replacement part that was tinted using a blue pigment.
IMG_20180420_121307.jpg
IMG_20180420_121326.jpg
This is the dyed sole. The difference is that the dyed psrts go darker than the replacement parts.

I’ve not been on so long this makes me want to get out mine and charge them up.

Also I never noticed how much the first batch looks like the F&F pair.

I find it odd that the Chinese have not updated on these since 2017. Other repro shoes like Boost got about 10 revisions and are now pretty much indistinguishable from the real shoe.

These are mainly in such good condition as I only wore them once lol. I havent even worn my wear pear (with the GITD kit) since ..... wow, last year's work Xmas party. Gotta find an excuse to wear them somewhere again.
Well it’s the 30th Anniversary of the release of BTTF2 this year so any day is a good day to wear them!

there is a new seller who is selling the v3s for $380
when i asked him about warranties
he had no idea how to respond
he probably has no experience with the call backs from these shoes

so
if you want to buy from him (he "assures" they will be in working condition)
non-auto lacing, price $380, for self lacing price is $1200
whatsapp/imessage:+8615337285451 wechat:shoeskiller88
source: https://www.redditdotcom/r/Repsneak..._air_mag_nonauto_laces_qc_video_before_going/
his official store: shoeskiller dot net
(tho i did not find them listed)

but be aware i have no idea about warranties and returns, they are more than likely non existent

I find it odd that the Chinese have not updated on these since 2017. Other repro shoes like Boost got about 10 revisions and are now pretty much indistinguishable from the real shoe.
It's simple

Boost, cheap to make, easy to sell, go directly to casual tourists and sneaker fans
Mag, expensive to make, hard to sell, go directly to us BTTF fans or sneaker scammers

Nike in the past half year has made an inexpensive self lacing sneaker called the Adapt BB for $350 and it just released in a MAG inspired color

nike-adapt-bb-wolf-grey-wolf-grey-multi-color-ao2582-001-lateral.jpg

looks like a lowtop MAG, and hopefully means China will take more interested in producing the motors and putting them in an actual MAG but more likely they think self lace is too niche

I was hoping that this being the 30th anniversary of the 2nd film, that we might have seen a rise in the interest of the MAGs again. Sadly, it seems people only remember 2015 which has been and gone.

The power lace MAGs are really an enigma. You would think their price would have gone down by now.
The games in 2008 taught the Chinese some really good lessons about how they make stuff to sell to the western world. The down side is that they also learned that west will pay more for a product that they want and they are milking it like a cow now. I don't think they will ever drop the price on these shoes.
The only way we see these cheaper is to buy off the manufactures direct, then selling for less. No one is going to work for nothing and you really need local people on the ground to make this work.
As it stands now, if the reseller makes 50usd from a pair of V3 MAGs, they have made close to 400 RMB. Do so the math on what they are really making and ask yourself if you were on such a good thing, would you take a pay cut for people on a forum that you will never meet?

The games in 2008 taught the Chinese some really good lessons about how they make stuff to sell to the western world. The down side is that they also learned that west will pay more for a product that they want and they are milking it like a cow now. I don't think they will ever drop the price on these shoes.
The only way we see these cheaper is to buy off the manufactures direct, then selling for less. No one is going to work for nothing and you really need local people on the ground to make this work.
As it stands now, if the reseller makes 50usd from a pair of V3 MAGs, they have made close to 400 RMB. Do so the math on what they are really making and ask yourself if you were on such a good thing, would you take a pay cut for people on a forum that you will never meet?
bro they are probably making 300$ profit
like you said
they are milking it
cheap wires and everything literally costs cents in china
i do admit about 70$ goes into shipping alone

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back