Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Hey guys , Nice to see things still ticking away with these , One of my modded pairs have given up now but it's a strange issue. it charges up fine and lights stay on..UNTIL you put pressure on the sole. If you put your foot in and stand they go out or pushing down with your hand at the heel area knocks them out too. Would any of you be able to tell me where to start to fix this ?

Hey guys , Nice to see things still ticking away with these , One of my modded pairs have given up now but it's a strange issue. it charges up fine and lights stay on..UNTIL you put pressure on the sole. If you put your foot in and stand they go out or pushing down with your hand at the heel area knocks them out too. Would any of you be able to tell me where to start to fix this ?

Sounds like a loose wire connection. You should be able to lift up the insole and see what's happening.

Sounds like a loose wire connection. You should be able to lift up the insole and see what's happening.

Il have to cut open the stitching and the wiring is behind that fabric right ?

I need to go back and look for your dismantling vids again.

Attachments

• 20190318_193757.jpg
    20190318_193757.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 201
I had this exact issue, I determined it a battery issue and after replacing it mine works fine

Ah crap , so it wasnt just wiring ?

How do you access it , cutting the stitching under the sole ?
it could be a loose wire going into the battery
i would check all wires underneath the sole first
there is more wiring behind the white cup and a board in there as well
but since you mention when u put pressure on the shoe i would start under the sole first.

Is anyone doing repairs on these? I can pay via PayPal or Zelle. One of them won’t light up anymore and the other one is having lightning issues. Can someone please help me?

Attachments

• AC7564B6-31F7-4356-872F-B4A2336B5053.jpeg
    AC7564B6-31F7-4356-872F-B4A2336B5053.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 390
  • C96B14DD-8074-41C3-A2BA-CBA72751DBB7.jpeg
    C96B14DD-8074-41C3-A2BA-CBA72751DBB7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 227
IMG_20190328_213706.jpg
Took the recommendation of DragonGalvy and changed out the Innersoles from the men's to the slimmer, ladies version. Fits perfect in the US10 with no trimming and still provides both the super comfy heel padding and big arch support.
And blue looks nicer than orange in these shoes.

Last edited:
@Foxdie1987
Is anyone doing repairs on these? I can pay via PayPal or Zelle. One of them won’t light up anymore and the other one is having lightning issues. Can someone please help me?

You know why all ppls have these problem about light or sole crappy ?
Me, i gonna told you why. Coz shoes are made by chinese and chinese don't care about shoes.

I ask my supplier, redo correct shoes + specification.
1: Change sole blue clear, not yellow.
2: Secure more battery, (coz when you wear shoes and your weight is this cruch battery and after light are broken)
3: Water-proof.

So for 290$, i have shoes full correct, no more problem battery or sole crappy and i have original box :)

I’ve owned several pairs of HCs and am ready for a pair of Mags that can both pass for the real deal and are super low maintenance (can be worn a good number times without having to mess with ANYTHING). I’d like to spend under $400-450 so i’m guessing v3s are what i’d be in the market for, but I can’t seem to find who the go to guy/gal is right now to buy from (in the US where I am, or elsewhere)

This is not the place for discusssion of HC MAGs nor is it a sales thread. You need to create a post in the JY for any sales posts.

Last edited:
Really wish the MAGs used the MHL plug for charging. Way stronger than the 0.7mm plug we have and, I today I found this neat lead.
IMG_20190407_095252.jpg

Hello everyone i’m new to the band i’m also a very big fan back to the future i would like to know if anyone can tell me where i can get me replicas like yours air mag
L’m from france
Excuse me for my english

Last edited:
Hello,
I am very new to the RPF but I am a huge fan of both BTTF and what everyone is doing here. I think I am going to purchase a pair of v3.1 Mags, but I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for something to ice up the soles. Also, I have heard that placing a thicker insole inside the shoe can prevent the lights from breaking as fast; is this true and are there any recommendations? Thanks so much.

IMG20190414173750.jpg

The thing about dying soles is that it is a band aid solution at best. It will need to be redone at some point.

The RIT dye comes in both standard powder and liquid forms. It also comes in standard (for cotton) and synthetic (for polycotton). Because these soles are rubber, you need the synthetic version.

When you dye cloth, you have to boil it to allow the dye to penetrate the firbres. You can't boil the shoes, so you need other ways to make the dye react and adhere to the rubber. SeaGlow is a UV activated product that acts like a bleech to help reduce the yellowing. The blue dye then acts as a optical filter to reduce the amount of reflected red light. This is the same reason a swimming pool looks blue even when the tiles are white.

The problem with the dye is that it gets more potent the longer it is left on, so to get "icy blue", you can only leave it on for a short time.

The first time I did my V3 MAGs, I used a powdered version dissolved in water and a small paint brush. It lasted about 6 months before I had to redo it.

The next time, I used the synthetic dye in a liquid and I boiled the dye in a pot as I found it bonded better when it was hot.

They need to be redone now as it has been well over 12 months since they were done.

The replacement soles are water clear because I used a UV stable polyurethane when I made them.
Here is a link to my instagram when I redid them with the synthetic dye.

Mark on Instagram: “The replica #nike #MAGs in natural light #rit_dye _synthetic #Heat_the_dye #goodbye_yellow_soled_MAGs”

Attachments

• IMG20190414173717.jpg
    IMG20190414173717.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back