Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

What is the material it is made from?

If it is perspex, then you are pretty much good to use acetone to strip the paint. If that plastic is a structural foam like ABS, DO NOT go near it with acetone.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
I have no idea what kind of material it is. It's hard like plastic, and it dosent bend, it cracks and breaks

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I have no idea what kind of material it is. It's hard like plastic, and it dosent bend, it cracks and breaks

Sounds like thin Perspex. OK next, get a cotton swap and dip that in acetone and touch a part on the bottom. It will either leave a mark or it won't. If it is Perspex (and I think it is based in what I have seen of the real shoe box), then you should be good to flip it and rub at the paint. If the paint was fresh, you could just use turps, but given it is well and truly cured on, you will need something a little more aggressive.

Now to find that reflective material, and some of those stretchy plastic whatever those things are called to hold the shoes to the base
eb5784b076c434b2aee73bb8b5189e3c.jpg
bedf1ccd5991155c731828c9f73242e8.jpg

And the box modification is done! Cut four slits in the edges, slipped a neodymium magnet into each one, used hot glue to patch it back up, and gave it a light sanding
cf499c50f43ac3ee77db9eb28a2a327d.jpg
5ae1b4275835da832f12dea842a70db0.jpg
4f1d747fb62c7888d29d8453a81ec8c8.jpg
e1b6a8089f5c38e46fcb380ec4456677.jpg

4313deb6f23b8de4ccae402ce367acd0.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like acetone made easy work of that :)

Given that is a hollow plastic container, you could spray paint the inside with white pearl and get a look very close to accurate.

If you wanted silver, there are many "chrome" paints out there that will do the job.

Just ordered a one by five foot sheet of holographic silver vinyl, should be here Friday. Fingers crossed

1bf6cc5d9e5f22e73820ddf8d218d09c.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh, nice.

I bought some 2mm aluminium the other day and it comes with a plastic film on side. If the plastic has not been scratched, it has a very nice look like this. Remove the plastic and you have a perfect metal finish. If you don't like how this works out, maybe find a metal supplier and go that route. They cut to size so everything fits.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. It was a pain in the ass to wipe it all off though. It just smeared and smeared for a while, but 30 minutes later it was pretty good

Yeah but removed the paint. Turps and other thinners are really only good for clean up and you probably would have ended up scratching the surface getting it off. Once it is dried, you need something heavy duty.

I purchased a pair of V3's from him about a year and half ago. Everything went fine.

Awesome, thank you for the tip! By chance, do you know if they are pretty much the same shoes that David@sneakerhead has to offer?

I'm curious to know if one is made more durable than the other perhaps?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back