Done / Completed OBLIVION - Jack Harper's Pistol Kit (TEMP ON HOLD!)

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
***NOTE: The run is temporarily on hold. The mold is getting worn out and we need to finish up some other projects. Once those are taken care of we'll make a new mold and start up the run again if there is interest.****

This actually comes earlier (and CHEAPER) than expected, but Morganthirteen and I are proud to offer y'all our latest collaboration:

Jack Harper's Pistol from Oblivion

a1.jpg

The model is cast in two parts with the front barrel piece separate for those that want to bore it out and add lights. (The three led-lens points have been left "flat" to make drilling them out easier if you want to add led lenses.) As with all of Shawn's castings, cleanup will be minimal as you can see in the photos.

Price is $175 US Shipped per kit, add $25 if outside the USA.
(Note: for UK orders, we cans supply it painted a bright color for customs clearance for an additional fee.)

If you want one, send me (using ALL CAPS please) a PM titled: OBLIVION PISTOL ORDER
I will get back to you with payment instructions. Please only order if you have funds ready as they are cast up in order of payment and not "reserved".

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

Working Trigger & finished versions
We initially tried to make this into a functional model with working trigger and all, but it wasn't feasible for a variety or reasons to mass-produce. In the end, we concluded that this static piece, which can still be made to hold electronics and costs LESS than our initial estimate, would suit most folks. That said, if a few of y'all absolutely MUST have a working trigger and metal barrel(either in kit form or finished with paint, electronics and all) it can probably be arranged but be warned that it'll likely cost around 400/1K respectively since each one would be a 1st gen print, I'd have to go back and heavily mod the files and my workload is fairly heavy. PM for details. (Alternately, you could probably make a working trigger version by cutting up and hollowing out two of the solid kits and then combining them... just sayin' it's possible!)

Thanks for the support!

NOTE: A set of fabulous looking DECALS for the pistol made by RPFer Soulinertia can be gotten here:
http://www.therpf.com/f13/oblivion-pistol-decal-set-200458/

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 322
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 305
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:
Re: OBLIVION - Jack Harper's Pistol Kit

I hate this ****! Really cool prop replica from a movie I didn't really like! Now what??

Great job, guys!

Looks good.
More pictures please... would like to see all angles and closer shots of the details.

Last edited:

I'll work on taking some when I get home. Initially I just used my camera phone for the quick pics above...

You are guys are INSANE Dredd Law Giver and now Oblivion Pistol! Hell yes a must have for anyone collecting replicas of such high quality and detail PM SENT!... Thank you Joe and Shawn you guys rock!!

What about decals. Isn't there righting on the gun? how in the world am I suppose to get that on there. I'm going to have a time just getting the paint right..

We'll be working on decals. In the meantime here are some photos of the first casting. You'll notice a few tiny air bubbles in a few places. I didn't really have any time to clean it up other than to scrape off a few pieces of flashing and apply some light gray primer to make the finer details stand out more...

Looks nice! Is it possible to get LED's in the gun that will light up? Or is that whole area too solid to install them? I have no idea how to do anything like that.. but this makes me want to learn. Looks great! I'll try to save up! :)

Thanks for the praise guys. Once again, Shawn has done magic with my master. (I can't wait to see what our Vera will be like...)

What about decals.

I will be drawing up decals eventually and will look into some way to share them. Can't say the I'll get to it though as my plate is pretty much over-full at the moment! (I still have three Judge Dredd suits to finish before Halloween, a working Batman buckle and the aforementioned "Vera" from Firefly to model up!)

Looks nice! Is it possible to get LED's in the gun that will light up?

The kit is solid but it should be possible to drill it out from the front if you want to add a couple led lights. Since most people are not going to add lights we went for durability over making it hollow.

Note: I have a few PMs with orders and will respond to y'all asap. I'm just a bit occupied with work atm!

Deal with real world stuff first Jo.

I am sure we are all happy to wait, your props are worth waiting for.

Well done again, for setting the standards really high.

PM Sent. For a beautiful looking weapon. you guys nailed It again. sweet! No rush on decals. I'm just now getting around to painting the lawgiver.

Should be able to send money... once the government re-opens and I know my income is once again secure. :)

Everyone that has sent me a PM has now gotten a reply with instructions!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back