Obi-Wan's ANH Cabinet

Originally posted by laszlo@Mar 19 2006, 06:59 AM
I'm not taking seedy pictures of my mother for you.

It was bought from Libertys in London (Regents Street)
[snapback]1208738[/snapback]​

I don't blame you at all. :)

Maybe Liberty's still has some of those around for those interested.

Originally posted by jme3@Mar 19 2006, 05:11 PM
This would seem to be a very common design among Indian craftsmen then.  Knowing the right dimensions from the original, it may be that these folks could commission the design from their suppliers.  Just a thought... :confused
[snapback]1208844[/snapback]​

You could try this page:

http://www.bunjara.com/

They sell antique teak furniture but also custom make.

You could try this page:

http://www.bunjara.com/

The sell antique teak furniture but also custom make.
[snapback]1208978[/snapback]​

I'll e-mail them just for fun to see what would be the cost. Considering the other prices on their website I'll make sure I'm sitting down when I read their reply... :lol

LOL,

i love when im reading through a thread and laugh to myself because its such a simmilar thread to one ive read before... then i look at the date... and realise its the same discussion, bumped up from oblivion.

yes, i would love to find a close match to this.

wasnt there talk of it being from a movie even before SW?

seems i remember that being discussed elsewhere...

like from an OLD mummy movie or somethin...

they reuse props alot, could be in the background in several things.

Yup -- I dragged this thread up from the bottom.

I will post pics later. They were from the Planet Hollywood in Vancouver, if I recall correctly. Bearing in mind it was from a PH, whose to say if it really was the original...

I found this in my pics library. Don't know who took this but if you need credit or want it removed, PM me.

Lightsaberchestrs.jpg

FB

I think its just the photo that makes it look black.

<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ Aug 2 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]1292420[/snapback]</div>
It looks the same as the other one except for the color. Is it Black?

FB

Does anyone have any screen grabs?

Thanks

FB
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(kurtyboy @ Aug 2 2006, 03:20 PM) [snapback]1292440[/snapback]</div>
I think its just the photo that makes it look black.

<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ Aug 2 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]1292420[/snapback]
It looks the same as the other one except for the color. Is it Black?

FB

Does anyone have any screen grabs?

Thanks

FB
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Correct.

Again, I have two more good shots, one with really good close up detail. Just got to get Wackychimp to allow 900kb image files. ;)

I wonder if it would be feasible to have someone make a scaled down copy? I don't have the room or need for a full size one, but I'd love to have one that was just big enough for a graflex based ANH saber.

I'm going to make one for myself to house my OWK parts and display. It will have 2 shelves.

The top shelve will have my OWK and Luke saber and the lower shelf will have my original OWK parts with plaques or something.

I might start off with a jewelry box or a wooden cigar box as a base.

I can add on all the metal and I'm thinking of getting the XXXXX pattern laser cut out of plastic or make a template out of sticker paper and spray paint the box with the pattern.

It might be about 14-18: wide. My ex brother in laws brother owns an antique restoration shop and he might be able to help me out.

FB

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back