Nostromo Inspired Crew Jacket

Farrellk08

I was given the Blu-ray Alien box set for X-Mas two years ago, and I finally got around to watching the whole series this past week. Watching it, particularly the first film, reminded me how much I like the aesthetics of that universe. So much so that I decided that I should make a Nostromo crew jacket. However, I also decided to deviate a bit from the base jacket in the film, as I want to wear this jacket around, and laces aren't really my bag...

Alien-Stanton.jpg

There seemed to me to be a bit of leeway with what patches to put on my jacket, since each of the crew seems to have a bit of originality to their jacket, so I went with the lighter should patches (which I believe are the officer patches), the blue Weyland-Yutani wing patch, and I went with the British uniform patch on a whim, which worked out in my favor later.

IMG_1454.JPG

As for the jacket, after a while of searching I lucked into an RAF jacket on the electronic bay, which I believe to be some sort of flight jacket, which fits with the British patch and the theme of the jacket. It also helps that it looks similar in design to a jacket I had lusted over a while back...

Untitled3.png IMG_1452.JPG
(I'm the second guy ;) )

Well, the jacket arrived today, so right after this I'm going to get to sewing. I'll post when it's a bit further along.

Cheers.

Well, that was simultaneously the most and quickest I've ever sewn, most of my sewing experience has been relegated to sewing a single patch on my high school messenger bag. Thankfully, I only stabbed my finger a few times. And my mouth once. And I only sorta sewed the right sleeve together twice. :lol

IMG_1456.JPGIMG_1455.JPG

I'm pretty happy with the result. I think with the jacket style, it'll probably look just like a navy or air force jacket to the uninitiated. Can't wait to wear it in public and have someone recognize where its from. Anybody think I should get the super 70's font "Nostromo" emblazoned on the back?

wc06_kt_brettjacket02.jpg

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the outcome, especially since the total cost of the entire thing was about $42.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back