Nike releasing Marty McFly Bruins on 10/21

Here is a photo of Ben Affleck wearing a pair of the Nike Bruins (aka Batfleck rocking the "Marty McFlys")

ben-affleck-nike-bruin.jpg

My first pair showed up today. The fellow I bought them from received them on Tuesday, shipped them out Wednesday.

IMG_5548.JPG

Something just occurred to me though. Since these don't say Nike anywhere on the outside of the shoe itself (except for the bottom of the sole), that line from part III where one of Buford's gang members identifies as it as a "Nee-Kay" would be an error There's no writing on the shoe to read,

This could have just been a way to shoehorn (nyuk-nyuk) some Nike product placement into the third film, but now it just bugs me.

Last edited:
I saw a pair for 250€ + you can give a "best offer",
but the seller doesn't offer payment with Paypal,
so if something goes wrong,
I don't have buyer protection,
too bad :unsure

Hi. I'm brand new to the boards, and a B2TF fan since seeing the original movies in the theaters as a kid.

I wanted to mention that I recently had some good experiences with grabbing 2 pairs of Bruins off Ebay for not much more than retail. It required me to message a few scalper-sellers to see who would be interested in hearing my low-ball offer simply to unload their shoes quickly without having to wait for an auction to end, but in the end it seemed to pay off.

I grabbed the first pair from a seller in Brooklyn who agreed to my offer of $175, shipping included. Super nice guy, sent them to my residence in Seattle via 2-day Priority along with the original receipt from the NikeLab store in New York. After having some luck with that, I decided to try for a second pair with another seller in North Carolina who managed to grab some online when they went on sale in the US. Another super nice guy, he agreed to my offer of $150 plus $18 2-day Priority shipping($168 in total), and even took photos of him packing up the shipping box safe and sound.

Both pairs arrived today, and they look perfect.

I mention all of that to say that you don't need to drop $250, $300 or $500 just to grab a pair from a scalper! It might take a little effort to message them on Ebay to see who's interested, but in the end they're all just trying to make a dollar, and many would rather have less money sooner than more money later. Give it a shot.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Received my Bruins today from a seller in France :D They're so awesome! It came with an online order receipt page, which is nice. I paid $250 for this pair and they were worth every penny to me; kudos to anyone who can get them closer to retail. I hate that these are so difficult to get at a decent price and the limited quantity. But, I never believed Nike would release these and am happy they did :) I can't wait for my Valterra board as well!
CIMG2093.JPG

How much were your customs/duty taxes?

Received my Bruins today from a seller in France :D They're so awesome! It came with an online order receipt page, which is nice. I paid $250 for this pair and they were worth every penny to me; kudos to anyone who can get them closer to retail. I hate that these are so difficult to get at a decent price and the limited quantity. But, I never believed Nike would release these and am happy they did :) I can't wait for my Valterra board as well!
View attachment 552142

How much were your customs/duty taxes?

I paid the seller $250 USD through PayPal and it included shipping and everything. Looking at the paperwork on the box it shipped in, looks like he paid a total of 27 Euros for shipping with stated value of 105 Euros. How much of that was customs fees, I'm not sure.

BenLeong
A good idea,
if there were a lot of pairs in my size. (US7)
I guess all of you have very big feet,
cause almost all the pairs are very big sizes.:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 552142
Very nice still waiting on my board and pair ;)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

New poster but just got my Nike Bruins from eBay for £156 ($230) pretty happy with that considering some are going for far more. Can't wait to get them.

I saw a good pair in what I thought was my size,
but I've read that you best buy a size larger than normal when buying Nike.

So normally my size is EUR 39, sometimes EUR 40.
On the box it says US6.5/UK6/EUR39/24,5cm

So while it says EUR39 on the box,
I should buy a size larger ?
:confused:unsure

I saw a good pair in what I thought was my size,
but I've read that you best buy a size larger than normal when buying Nike.

So normally my size is EUR 39, sometimes EUR 40.
On the box it says US6.5/UK6/EUR39/24,5cm

So while it says EUR39 on the box,
I should buy a size larger ?
:confused:unsure

Not sure where you heard that, but Nike generally fit true to size barring a few models.

I've noticed with the Bruins that they actually run a little big. I'm always a UK 6 in Nike, 25cm version which is the US7. I can tell you that these are big, I've got UK5.5, (UK6/US6.5) & (UK6/US7). For me, the US6.5 are the best fit, not that the US7 are too big, just that if you intend to wear them, given that they will stretch, I'd personally go a half-size down if anything. Definitely not a size up unless you're planning on wearing 5 pairs of socks with them! ;)

Not sure where you heard that, but Nike generally fit true to size barring a few models.

Reviews on the Zalando website

I've noticed with the Bruins that they actually run a little big. I'm always a UK 6 in Nike, 25cm version which is the US7. I can tell you that these are big, I've got UK5.5, (UK6/US6.5) & (UK6/US7). For me, the US6.5 are the best fit, not that the US7 are too big, just that if you intend to wear them, given that they will stretch, I'd personally go a half-size down if anything. Definitely not a size up unless you're planning on wearing 5 pairs of socks with them! ;)

Thanks for the reply.

My foot measures "9.9375" inches, that's 25,4 cm
and according to the Nike US size guide that should be a size 8.
( http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/c/size-fit-guide/mens-shoe-sizing-chart )

According to the Nike EU size guide ( http://m.nike.com/gb/en_gb/c/size-fit-guide/mens-shoe-sizing-chart ),
a "heel-to-toe length" of 25,4 cm = size EUR 41.
I never had a size 41 in a shoe !!
A size of EUR 39 equals a "heel-to-toe length" of 24,1 cm.( weird, can't be right)

How can this size guide be right ?
It must be wrong.

For example :
On my shoes from "Etnies" it says the size is US 7/EUR 39
And on my shoes from "Globe" it says the size is US 7.5/EUR 40.5

Both fit perfectly.

So what's the right size then ?
Can I trust the heel-to-toe length ?
25,4cm that would be a size US 8 ?
According to Nike that would be equal to size EUR 41.

So it's either
size 6.5 (Nike=EUR 39)
size 7 (Nike=EUR 39.5) (Etnies=EUR 39)
size 7.5 (Nike=EUR 40) (Globe=EUR 40.5)
or size 8 ( Nike=EUR 41)

No way to be sure it seems.

So it's either
size 6.5 (Nike=EUR 39)
size 7 (Nike=EUR 39.5) (Etnies=EUR 39)
size 7.5 (Nike=EUR 40) (Globe=EUR 40.5)
or size 8 ( Nike=EUR 41)

No way to be sure it seems.

Go with the heel to toe length, that is correct & has never let me down, especially with Nike.

I'm 24.8cm which would put me closer to a 25cm US7/UK6, however, with the Bruin, the 24.5 US6.5/UK6 fits me better as the width on the size up is too great. There's also at least 1cm spare in the toe area.

I'd say you'd be okay with a UK6 25cm as they do seem to run a half size larger but ultimately you let call. Also, they look better when they're a tad smaller due to the style. I can measure mine tonight for you if you like & do a comparison.

Also, for some reason, the 24.5 & 25cm are both considered UK 6 by Nike, the difference being a half US size.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back