Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one's mentioning this? I mean, they're technically not actually coming out this year, but.... I believe there's still a hat that needs to go through someone's digestive system.
Gotta find the right sauce to put on it.

Anyone know the kind of wine that pairs with Lenticular fabric?

-Nick

Gotta find the right sauce to put on it.

Anyone know the kind of wine that pairs with Lenticular fabric?

-Nick

Hehe, sweet and sour comes to mind. Because that's how I feel about Nike's new announcement. In all seriousness, I was extremely skeptical as well, but still had a bit of hope. At least this time there's some advance notice, but even if I save up for the next 6 months, I'm still not gonna wanna drop $thousands on them.

I'm extremely skeptical about these rep websites releasing something THAT close to the 2011 models that they're posting all over IG & YouTube. Like many others have said, they look EXACTLY like the RDs. I'm going to wait to see people's reviews as well before preordering. I went through hell getting my V2's from a company called RepKicks, so I'll have to find another company as well before I begin that buying process again if they do come out. Haha
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, my plan was to make a very small test purchase from Gogoyeezy first (as I've heard of them before) to find out if they will actually send a product, and how close the product would be to what it's supposed to be. If they don't, at least I've only lost $50 on a rep Air Force 1. Of course, this won't guarantee they would send this "Authentic Mag" that we havent seen pictures of the real product yet, but at least it would be a step in the right direction and we would know there would be at least one company that actually sends what you order. Might do that next week. Will let you guys know if it arrives or not.

I for one am optimistic and hoping they sell more than 1500 pairs and drive the prices down a little this time. Either way I think it's cool that we may get "auto-lace mags" aside from all of the other negative things that have happened for the last 4 years with these shoes. Also, great to meet you Brad, your Griff was on point!

I for one am optimistic and hoping they sell more than 1500 pairs and drive the prices down a little this time. Either way I think it's cool that we may get "auto-lace mags" aside from all of the other negative things that have happened for the last 4 years with these shoes. Also, great to meet you Brad, your Griff was on point!

Great meeting you as well. I'll be at the Puente Hills Mall on Sunday!

Seeing how they have a real pair that they can reverse engineer, I'm hoping they take this opportunity to really nail a replica.

Can anyone upgrade my air mags from aliexpress? I will pay you through PayPal and can supply the light up nike thing that is on the top of the shoe if necessary.

Is the V2 charging cord a USB that splits right at the plug into two wires both ending in micro-USB connectors?

If yes, then does anyone know where I can get a replacement just like it? And the longer the wires the better.

Is the V2 charging cord a USB that splits right at the plug into two wires both ending in micro-USB connectors?

If yes, then does anyone know where I can get a replacement just like it? And the longer the wires the better.
I think i have one.. ill check my box..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/buNlKt7Aljw

Am I late to the party? Anyone else seen this? I spoke with someone who said they had to order the shoe from Nike (2 week wait) then the shoes would be shipped to me.

It's a lot of scratch for an I don't know.

Interesting that she refers to the real shoe as "authentic" and the V2 and the replica and does not make out they made the NIKE shoe in this video

Seeing how they have a real pair that they can reverse engineer, I'm hoping they take this opportunity to really nail a replica.

This actually gives a huge ray of hope that we might actually get something good out of this in time. Light at the end of the tunnel. Lets hope it is not a freight train.

you MAY be able to get a USB double adapter, and two long USB-to-micro-usb cables to do the job, if you're doing what I think you're doing..... running an external battery back. But you may need to tape/shrinkwrap up the connections so they can't come loose. Ask at your local electronics store.

I use electrical tape to secure the connections when I run external.

My old cord, one of the micro-usb went out. Thus the need for replacement.

@bigv69er
Thank you, but I wouldn't want to trouble you. I can make it happen, the factory cord is just the sleekest way. Factory cords seem to be a bit fragile though. Maybe I'll find something stouter.

I use electrical tape to secure the connections when I run external.

My old cord, one of the micro-usb went out. Thus the need for replacement.

@bigv69er
Thank you, but I wouldn't want to trouble you. I can make it happen, the factory cord is just the sleekest way. Factory cords seem to be a bit fragile though. Maybe I'll find something stouter.
I converted mine to dc jacks..so i have no use for it.. if its micro usb i have an extra one.. that came with my HC mags.. also have some v2s but those are tucked away, untill i mod them

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Anyone able to answer some questions about 3V coin cells like the cr2025?

If these are 3V, can you series a few up to become 6V or even 9V? I just think 3 of these would have to be smaller than a traditional 9V.

Anyone able to answer some questions about 3V coin cells like the cr2025?

If these are 3V, can you series a few up to become 6V or even 9V? I just think 3 of these would have to be smaller than a traditional 9V.

I was just just looking into this last night and yes you can. In fact the video I was watching showed an A23 battery and that's how it was built. The problem i see is that most of those coin cell batteries are only around 140 mah. And, if you hook 3 of these together you will only end up with a 9v battery capable of 140 mah and not a 9v 420 mah battery. You may be able to run them in series and parallel? But by the time you had enough batteries to get the mah desired, you'd probably end up with a battery cell larger than a 9v.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

being a total newb to airmags. where can one purchase v2's and how can you tell the difference between v2 and the halloween store shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back