Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the risk the first person took (I beleive it was WizardBTTF but not sure) when they bought from sneakerahead. Luckily, that one paid off. Unfortunately, it won't always.

That's the risk the first person took (I beleive it was WizardBTTF but not sure) when they bought from sneakerahead. Luckily, that one paid off. Unfortunately, it won't always.

So it seems that even some of the sellers can't tell one MAG from another. They had clear images of the V3 on their site, yet sent something MAGish.

So it seems that even some of the sellers can't tell one MAG from another. They had clear images of the V3 on their site, yet sent something MAGish.

I remember learning about that ripoff site from the red supreme mag video someone posted.

After taking a new look at his youtube videos.The guy posted a video of a review of the V3 two months ago. He posted the red supreme RC mag review one month ago. So he knows the difference. It was not an act of confusion. He would know that he was sending out a grey RC shoe.

Last edited:
That is what I thought. So it was deliberate and him just being as ass that thought the customer would know no better. THUMBS DOWN to that site.

Yeah, I hope people learn about his bait-and-switch quickly. So it doesn't have to happen to anyone else.

Still waiting to hear back about the size availability on my order from dhgate. At this rate, I probably won't have them in hand for the next convention. I'll have to bring my HC mags with the malfunctioning lights....:unsure

EDIT
Heard back. V2.1 in US8.5 not in stock for at least half a month. Getting a refund and will have to go through another seller I guess. This guy was the only one that showed me pictures of V2.1 when asked. All other sellers showed me original V2 or RC Mags. Guess it's a choice between those two or wait a bit I guess.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hope people learn about his bait-and-switch quickly. So it doesn't have to happen to anyone else.

Still waiting to hear back about the size availability on my order from dhgate. At this rate, I probably won't have them in hand for the next convention. I'll have to bring my HC mags with the malfunctioning lights....:unsure

EDIT
Heard back. V2.1 in US8.5 not in stock for at least half a month. Getting a refund and will have to go through another seller I guess. This guy was the only one that showed me pictures of V2.1 when asked. All other sellers showed me original V2 or RC Mags. Guess it's a choice between those two or wait a bit I guess.

DHGate is over priced as well and you all you will get from them is V2 at best. They show 2011 MAGs but once you click away, you soon discover V2s not V3s.

DHGate is over priced as well and you all you will get from them is V2 at best. They show 2011 MAGs but once you click away, you soon discover V2s not V3s.

I can't speak to their V3 prices. I've seen original V2 as low as $163, which I understand is a good price. And those RC Mags for under $200, even the Red supreme version.

Yeah, some sellers do that. Some don't.

I just got my refund back due to out of stock shoe size. So at least dhgate is safe to use in that way. Now to decide to wait and see, or choose between original V2 and RC Mags.

I'm confused. Why not just buy the V3s? No way I'd be paying over $200 for a pair of shoes and not get the ones I want. A few months ago, we had no choice, so a compromise was justified. Now the grail of MAGs is available.

I'm confused. Why not just buy the V3s? No way I'd be paying over $200 for a pair of shoes and not get the ones I want. A few months ago, we had no choice, so a compromise was justified. Now the grail of MAGs is available.

I've said multiple times I found all these shoes for under $200.

Original V2 - $163
V2.1 - $183
RC Mag - $191

It's not just a little jump to V3 price.

@MrSouthpaw my v2 label says 10 (on the radioactive sticker)

and : 8,5 us
7.5 uk
42 eur
26.5 cm

Thanks, sizing these shoes is a pain. Especially since I have wide feet, which makes things a little more complicated. I think I've settled on EUR42.

Do the V2 have as much room inside as the HC shoes? Do they have as much width?

Last edited:
Thanks, sizing these shoes is a pain. Especially since I have wide feet, which makes things a little more complicated. I think I've settled on EUR42.

Do the V2 have as much room inside as the HC shoes? Do they have as much width?

You would think so given they are essentially the same soles.

In that case, it would boil down to how much room is in the uppers.

I normally buy 10 in Nike shoes. I bought the V2 in 9.5. Out of the box, they were a touch loose. I added an insole and after the tongue extension, they have been snug.

I normally buy 10 in Nike shoes. I bought the V2 in 9.5. Out of the box, they were a touch loose. I added an insole and after the tongue extension, they have been snug.

If that's the case, then I should be fine with US8.5. Still gotta choose which shoes I want to go with too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back