Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently challenged on the colour I choose for my MAG letters where sometimes (light pending) they can look too green. When I created the pigment, I wanted my shoes to be as close to the screen shoes, not the 2011 shoes. Today whilst playing with my colorimeter, threw up some images of both my shoes and the 1989 screen used shoes and took readings of the colour of the MAG letters.

The yellow dot is the actual measured colour.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160229_133844.jpg
    20160229_133844.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 579
  • 20160229_135444.jpg
    20160229_135444.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 563
Has anybody seen the knockoff MAGs from @fake_education's instagram? Was wondering where to get a pair like that since the pull holes look great. Would want to modify that one instead.

Has anybody seen the knockoff MAGs from @fake_education's instagram? Was wondering where to get a pair like that since the pull holes look great. Would want to modify that one instead.

That dude is a joke. He's still comparing the real Mags that have been showing up on all the China sites.

Damn. Thought there was new hope. LOL. Thanks man!

No such luck. That shot of the ankle buckle that makes it look different is simply the angle of which the shot was taken.

It would be SWEET if the "fakes" were real and available, but they are not.

No such luck. That shot of the ankle buckle that makes it look different is simply the angle of which the shot was taken.

It would be SWEET if the "fakes" were real and available, but they are not.

Appreciate the replies. Anyway, I haven't made progress with my pair yet. Too busy with a lot of things.

Has anyone ever tried using lithium polymer batteries in their Nike mag mods before ? A friend I have says they are pretty good to use and he uses them when he put LEDs in his sneakers. But I'm a bit reluctant due to the fact that this is something I'm not quite sure about I read up on things about it and apparently these were used in the RD Nike mag and I wanted to know if some has tried using these in their mags and if they could provide a diagram ?

@cavx what kind of reistors do I need to
go from 9v to 3v ? I'm running 4 el panels and I have a 3v inverter, with a 9v battery.

Last edited:
@cavx what kind of reistors do I need to
go from 9v to 3v ? I'm running 4 el panels and I have a 3v inverter, with a 9v battery.

Not 100% sure. AFAIK, the inverters will only draw that they need. Will 9V fry them? I really can not answer that.

Not 100% sure. AFAIK, the inverters will only draw that they need. Will 9V fry them? I really can not answer that.
it seems so when I leave it on for a while runing the 3v inverter is gets hot and the power goes out but when I unplug the battery and let it cool down it works.

it seems so when I leave it on for a while runing the 3v inverter is gets hot and the power goes out but when I unplug the battery and let it cool down it works.

You are only supposed to use same voltage power supply with the inverter voltage.

So 9v, you should only be using 9v inverter.
For 3v, only 3v power supply such as 2 x AAA.

I have found though, that 2 x AAA nimh rechargeables which are only 1.2v each (2.4v total) still power up a full circuit.

You are only supposed to use same voltage power supply with the inverter voltage.

So 9v, you should only be using 9v inverter.
For 3v, only 3v power supply such as 2 x AAA.

I have found though, that 2 x AAA nimh rechargeables which are only 1.2v each (2.4v total) still power up a full circuit.
ok thanks ! do you sell the 9v inverters separately yet ? if so i'll just add in resistors on my inverter now but do you know which one I need to use ?

Last edited:
Hello everyone I'm brand new to the RPF. I'm looking for answers to specific questions to modding the lights of my HC shoes.I currently have battery powered NIKE strap. The rest of the lights (ankle cups, soles) are untouched.

WHAT I WANT TO DO IS THE FOLLOWING:

1) upgrade to EL soles

2) leave the ankle cup lights as is (unless someone can convince me otherwise)

3) power all the electronics into 1 rechargeable power source.

I know that the information for this is out here but there are so many pages I wouldn't know where to begin.
OR
does someone sell an already assembled kit???

Someone please help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back