Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. Need help here. I got the wrong EL sheets as they are too powerful, 12v and not compatible with the mini 9v inverter. The battery heats up and drains life quickly. Where do you guys buy EL sheets that's based in the US? I know there's e-luminates but they're prices are out of my range at the moment. Any help or leads are greatly appreciated. Thanks..

TKRalph,

I am pretty sure all recommended suppliers and part lists are on Pg 58 and Pg 200 of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the response cavx. I decided Im going to work around this 12 volt setup. I'll be using A23 batteries. Theyre 12 volts and I just purchased two A23 battery holders. Hopefully this works....

A23 batteries are normally used in devices like car alarms. They are neat because they are so small for a 12V unit. I am not sure how they will go with continuous drain of lights in these shoes.

This just got here :)
uploadfromtaptalk1426547603934.jpg

Here it is lit up during the day.. Not bad..
uploadfromtaptalk1426547610918.jpg

got my el in and installed everything so glad to have both shoes electronics done now! i was going to move onto the soles next but i ran out of adhesives making my strap for my hoverboard project. hopefully have these done in the next couple of weeks and ready for my future costume for this years comic con.

photo 2.JPG

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated. I've now just begun modding the replicas. I've prepped the shoe and removed all the old wires. I have 3 questions.

1. What kind of resistors do I need for the leds?
2. Is everything I need still on that page 58?
3. Is it okay that I make the mods without all the extra charging stuff? (Not trying to do an exact replica just want to walk around in them)

Thank you!

Hasn't everyone bought the same thing? Shouldn't everyone buy the same resistor? I've seen #s range from 10 all the way to 220. It really makes no sense to me.

No because whilst most do a 9V set up, some do a 3V and you are doing a 12(?)V. The resisters needed will be different on each. LED type pending, you may not even need resisters on a 3V system.

got my el in and installed everything so glad to have both shoes electronics done now! i was going to move onto the soles next but i ran out of adhesives making my strap for my hoverboard project. hopefully have these done in the next couple of weeks and ready for my future costume for this years comic con.

View attachment 451983

looks great man! Any chance you got a side by side comparison with your HC mag?

my v2 hopefully should be here soon, ready to start working on them.

View attachment 451983

They look amazing, congrats!

Well I mean I bought the 12v leds like it said in the shopping list.

I found that the 12v LEDs are not that good of an option. The red is the brightest, but the brightness is significantly less for the green. The uneveness doesn't look good.

Can someone help me out with something real quick? Does marty every wear his 1985 clothing with the hoverboard? I see this all the time in cosplay and It kind if annoys me becuase I really can't rember him ever using the hoverboard with the original costume on, it's like wearing the mags with the original costume it dosent make any sence and it's one of the most cosplayed outfits. I've never seen 50s leather jacket and hoverboard marty cosplayed, id love to see someone try the Clint Eastwood costume with hoverboard becuase thy actually makes sence!

Can someone help me out with something real quick? Does marty every wear his 1985 clothing with the hoverboard? I see this all the time in cosplay and It kind if annoys me becuase I really can't rember him ever using the hoverboard with the original costume on, it's like wearing the mags with the original costume it dosent make any sence and it's one of the most cosplayed outfits. I've never seen 50s leather jacket and hoverboard marty cosplayed, id love to see someone try the Clint Eastwood costume with hoverboard becuase thy actually makes sence!

No, Marty never dresses in the puffy vest with the hover board. The only time he wears anything different while holding the hover board is in part 3. Other than that he would have jeans, maroon shirt and future jacket on.

- - - Updated - - -

Jedi, did you get the green and red from there as well? And with those leds what resistors did you use?
Thanks!

Yes. The resistors are 0 ohm 5%tolerence, color coded (brown, black, black)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back