Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Been testing out display ideas. I got one of those levitation display stands from Amazon. There are cooler ones on Alibaba, but I didn't want to go through the hassle.

Anyway, the mag is too heavy for one magnet, but it was able to hold up the back end when the front was supported. So I'm going to order another one to see if they hold up. I'm not sold on this look for my display.

IMG_1393.JPGIMG_1392.JPGIMG_1391.JPG

My other idea is wrapping a podium in stainless steel wrap to give it a DeLorean look, and top it off with a UV protected acrylic top.

The floating display is kinda cool for lightweight items, like this fight club soap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like some people are grossly unaware of the price modded V2s were going for if $600 for a pair of shoes is some astronomical price.

There's a reason why our little group that was so unified before is now fractured and seems more combative. It's a little thing I think I'll call the Completion-Divergence Paradox, and it's something that happens with ALL props eventually.

The CDP is essentially this: when there are no good replicas on the market, then whatever is out there will do because we're all suffering together. So because of that, we deal with "good enough."

Then, either more details are discovered or a newer, more accurate replica comes out, which gets us used to the idea of choice. We become more aware of the differences between versions of the prop and its replicas, and for the first time we are not all suffering together. "Close enough" is no longer good enough, and people attempt to get even closer.

As luck would have it there is usually another round of improvements or discoveries which again fractures the group. Now you have three different tribes, and a replica approaching 100% accuracy, but by this point, everyone has dug into the details, has a favorite version of the prop, has a favorite replica, so if a final replica is 95% accurate, moving 1% closer to someone else's ideal moves the percentage 1% AWAY from your ideal.

Now this movement is barely noticeable when dealing with replicas in the 50-75% accurate range and below because you're still nowhere near complete accuracy. However when you can see the finish line in sight and every detail matters, you suddenly start to keep score. For every point another tribe gets, you feel like you've lost one.

You can watch this cycle happen with everything. Kylo Ren helmets, Star-Lord Blasters, and the grand daddy of the all: Vader helmets!

Sure, when nothing on the market is perfect, using a voice changing Kylo helmet is celebrated. If you used one after The Rocketeer's first run, you'd get looked at funny. Now with another run and a MUCH more accurate helmet being put out, people who have the voice changer are looked at sideways and suddenly the discussion of "idealized" versus "screen accurate" comes into play.

Star-Lord Blasters saw the pattern follow: 3D printed inaccurate run, Nerf gun repaints, scratch replica runs.

And Vader helmets saw the dissection and discussion of everything from peculiarities of the asymmetry to the C-scar, to the two-tone paint job, to the idealized Sith bucket...and these battles will continue forever. But when the first replica helmets came out, everyone was just a kid again, enjoying the joy of getting close to an ideal. But the problem with an ideal is that it is almost never achievable... and that's sort of the place where we are all spinning our wheels.

The same people who said "I'd gladly pay $500 for a 90% accurate shoe" are now saying that this 95% accurate shoe should be $250 before they buy it.

The same people who were happy with the original V1 K-Mags, now won't be happy until some feature seen in a frame or two of the movie appears on these.

The same people who wished they would make a non-electronic version are now bemoaning that the electronics are inherently fragile.

We didn't realize it, but we were lucky that our little community went for so long without any Mag replicas. Before Mark Poon's run, we were all merely unified in our love of a prop. Now look at us...

Just a little food for thought.

-Nick

Don't get me wrong guys. I started to check this forum because I love those shoes and the idea of having them gives me the chills but I am also the kind of person who thinks three times before spending $600, especially if I don't have any warranty whatsoever.

I am not against spending that money for something you love and I can see myself spending $600 for something well made. Ok, the lights are not perfect but they do their job, right? I'm cool with that. The collar and the color don't look exactly like the RD? no problem, you can't have everything. Is this the only way to get them because Nike and Universal won't allow average people to fulfill their dream? I accept that. Am I ok with paying $600 and the sole are going to get yellow in about a month? Or most of the time they arrive already yellowish? No, I am definitely not and I hope most of you aren't. You have 30 days to return them, right? Yeah but they will charge for the refund, you have to pay the delivery and most of the time they will try to force you not to send them back with some silly excuse. I am not cool with that either especially when I pay $600. I don't understand why do we need to accept that just "because". Charge me $300 and then I won't say a word (even if I should). They are the same people who made the originals, they know how to make them better but they won't cause you keep buying them. They pay 50 or less, they charge you 600, then they pay $1.36 to the factory workers and we are all here praising "David" (I hope you understand there is no David out there) only because sometimes he writes here just to don't make people too upset about the faulty ones.

These are not a DIY project or they would sell you the parts to assemble yourself.

I am sure 80% of the RD around are still functioning.....and you don't get the yellow soles either..

I am sure if I wasn't the only one saying these things our dear "David" would definitely take in consideration to improve their customer service and products. Also, I hope that all of you guys who bought them have at least sent $10 to the MJF foundation cause that was the whole point of making the RD ones.

i have a feeling you are not that keen on these V3s lol

you ou have basically given the definition of Chinese knock offs which has been established pros and cons many times on this thread and i think the overal vote was we expect problems , we know customer service isn't priority number 1 and that they are knock offs so they is no one to complain to about our experiences as buyers. Everyone who bought them knows the score . You clearly arnt keen on them.

i feel you on the foundation side of things. Maybe we could start a donation in here ? I'd be game though Iv already donated a number of times and I'm sure others have.
I would still be happy to again :)

At this point my only issue with the price is that other sites are selling the same exact Mags for as low as $460. Which points to the fact that these V3s are all coming from 1 factory and they are not exclusive to any one site or person.

Yup. And they will go down again. Some sites you will be able to trust and some you won't. Some are selling them for $800

this is is normal in marketing. And you are right they all came from the same place I would think

I got mine today ! The quality is great! I will fo a review soon !

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    802.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    769 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    776.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    914.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    951.4 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    867 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    641.9 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 77
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    972.8 KB · Views: 64
Had a left shoe in a pair go out, I charged it and not only didn't work, the charge port came out with the charge adapter :(
I tried them on only once, and was extremely careful inserting the charger

Had a left shoe in a pair go out, I charged it and not only didn't work, the charge port came out with the charge adapter :(
I tried them on only once, and was extremely careful inserting the charger

Yea, my port is definitely lose too and wont charge. I am going to document the whole process of removing the ankle buckle and fixing this and a few other issues to make it easier to charge them. I'll probably do it next week sometime.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about @Jedifyfe but I also have a review on YouTube and I do mention how awesome these V3s are because well, they are awesome.

As far as the $600 price point - yes it's a lot of money especially with other sites selling them for $460

Sneakerahead and @davidjones888 should definitely drop the price if they want us to continue buying from them because it's no secret that all the V3 Mags are exactly the same - all the Mags are coming from the same factory.

Hi, fam. Thank you for feedback.
MAG material is exactly same as retail, i think the quality is all same as retail, and the material is very expensive, that is why it is expensive, about the 3 color LED lights, after you use the battery for a while, it will be not so lighting, but next batch we will control the voltage so it will be not a problem. we also sell the MAGS to other supplier too, but can you show me which website sell at 460usd pls?

Been testing out display ideas. I got one of those levitation display stands from Amazon. There are cooler ones on Alibaba, but I didn't want to go through the hassle.

Anyway, the mag is too heavy for one magnet, but it was able to hold up the back end when the front was supported. So I'm going to order another one to see if they hold up. I'm not sold on this look for my display.

View attachment 655722View attachment 655723View attachment 655724

My other idea is wrapping a podium in stainless steel wrap to give it a DeLorean look, and top it off with a UV protected acrylic top.

The floating display is kinda cool for lightweight items, like this fight club soap:

https://youtu.be/VVwFKPzSmP8

Very cool work in progress. Keep us updated!

Hi, fam. Thank you for feedback.
MAG material is exactly same as retail, i think the quality is all same as retail, and the material is very expensive, that is why it is expensive, about the 3 color LED lights, after you use the battery for a while, it will be not so lighting, but next batch we will control the voltage so it will be not a problem. we also sell the MAGS to other supplier too, but can you show me which website sell at 460usd pls?
Not sure if I can post links here but here it is - how about you give RPF members a 20% discount?

http://www.perfectkicks.hk/nike-air-mag-c-9_35/nike-air-mag-back-to-the-future-p-298/

Last edited:
Not sure if I can post links here but here it is - how about you give RPF members a 20% discount? 

http://www.perfectkicks.hk/nike-air-mag-c-9_35/nike-air-mag-back-to-the-future-p-298/

To be fair that's a price without shipping, and also "David" uses DHL Express which is one of the fastest reasonable international services.

The RPF discount is a better idea though lol but 20% seems like an awful lot but we can dream huh lol

but then again also...I think we all actually get charged closer to $630-650 after the "bank fees"

Last edited:
To be fair that's a price without shipping, and also "David" uses DHL Express which is one of the fastest reasonable international services.

The RPF discount is a better idea though lol but 20% seems like an awful lot but we can dream huh lol

but then again also...I think we all actually get charged closer to $630-650 after the "bank fees"
Damn are you Team RPF or Team David? Lol

And how do you know that site doesn't include free DHL shipping?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back