Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

99.99999% of people will never know the difference. I'm not concerned with the minor flaws at all. I've had a ton of real Nike and Jordan shoes come in absolutely horrible with crazy flaws, and some even fell apart very quickly with minimal stress on the shoes.

I am fairly certain a few pairs of Real Deal Mags had flaws. You can barely notice them. Only when you are observing them up close with a level of knowledge will you be able to tell.
Also remember that nearly all replicas have flaws on them. Quality control isn't as prevalent in the replica game.

- - - Updated - - -

The materials on the new Mags are insanely beautiful. The mesh isn't the same as the V2's by any means. The clear soles and lights look amazing. The overall construction and materials/fabric feel much better. The collar alone made me smile.

When you spend $600 you expect a quality product. Just because average people won't notice the defects doesn't make them any less annoying to the prop collector.

I think it's funny that you guys are concerned about the strap tab and mid alignment of the swoosh when the fabric is completely off. I could spot these a mile away.

Likewise, but I think we're probably in the minority being able to get up close & know every inch of an RD pair. If I didn't own the RD, wasn't a huge fan of the shoes & happened to walk past someone on the street wearing these, I would assume they were real, as at this moment in time, the Mags the majority know to be replicas such as the V2, are horrendous in comparison to the RD. A year down the line when everyone knows the V3 to be the replica, I think they'll be spotted fairly easily as you have said.

The fabric stands out a mile, toe-box & collar for me, not to mention the overall finish, however, I just want something as close to my RD that I can wear every now & again & not feel too bad about destroying an official prop, let alone a very expensive one.

As mentioned in a previous post, there are differences between my pairs, some I deem to be more 'perfect' than others, but nothing on the level of the errors with these. However, we are comparing an official item made by Nike that was sold for thousands of dollars compared to a replica at a fraction of the cost, so I do feel some slack has to be given.

When you spend $600 you expect a quality product. Just because average people won't notice the defects doesn't make them any less annoying to the prop collector.

Many prop replicas are not 100% exact to the original, look at nearly every single piece of BTTF clothing, for example. Its insanely difficult to get a totally authentic replica costume that is exactly the same as any one of the films, no matter how much you spend. These aren't offical Nikes, they won't be exact to the 2011, and even the 2011 is not exact as the 1989

Many prop replicas are not 100% exact to the original, look at nearly every single piece of BTTF clothing, for example. Its insanely difficult to get a totally authentic replica costume that is exactly the same as any one of the films, no matter how much you spend. These aren't offical Nikes, they won't be exact to the 2011, and even the 2011 is not exact as the 1989

I agree with your says, somtimes i go in sneakers stores in Paris like foot looker and i see faults on original, one could beleive that they are false
when perceive the glue on the sole and on the same model of near not ! i remarqued that last time on my daughter's shoes bought by my wife.

productions are not robotic and there may be sometimes very slight inconsistencies!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen defects in a shoe as bas as the misplacement of the swoosh on those V3s.

While I totally agree it shouldn't be the case, I collect sneakers as a hobby & I've had many a shoe from Nike & Reebok with defects worse than the misplaced Swoosh on those V3s. Big cuts in leather, poor paint jobs on soles, big areas that should've been glued but haven't been. I think 1 in every 10 I've ever bought I'd consider to be substandard.

However, at $600 a pop, I would expect better workmanship.

Depends on if its a quick cash grab, or they really have passion for the shoes/film. They can preach all day about how dedicated they are to creating a 1:1 replica, but everyone wants the shoes NOW NOW NOW then complain about a shoddy rush production, they need to take at least 6 months to a year for wear/tear and trial and error before releasing. Otherwise its another failed attempt and we'd have to wait even longer, "chasing after perfection"

Does anyone know if these are actually limited, or if they're doing the same thing they did with the V2s and are just *claiming* that? Because, if they're actually limited, I want to jump on them RIGHT NOW.

yeah, I didn't mentioned the fabric but to me it looks awefull as it is on the pictures (not a big fan of the toebox too).
But maybe this is due to the picture itself... As long as we don't have someone who post some close ups / macro of every detail it is hard to say something.
And for 600$ (and the risks that it is a scam) i'd like to get a shoe that i won't have to modify (that strap is really bothering me and I know that it is something that I could modify...)
I'm not looking for a perfect replica but something with a goos shape and well made.

99.99999% of people will never know the difference. I'm not concerned with the minor flaws at all. I've had a ton of real Nike and Jordan shoes come in absolutely horrible with crazy flaws, and some even fell apart very quickly with minimal stress on the shoes.
Dude 99% of people think my shoes are real compared to stock V2s or HCs, so that means little

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if these are actually limited, or if they're doing the same thing they did with the V2s and are just *claiming* that? Because, if they're actually limited, I want to jump on them RIGHT NOW.
they are just saying limited to make sure that buyers don't think about it too long

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ok so when I asked for pictures to be sent to me before my shoes ship I was told that size 8 "need some more days". That wasn't even what I asked for. I'm about to pull the plug on this.

Ok so when I asked for pictures to be sent to me before my shoes ship I was told that size 8 "need some more days". That wasn't even what I asked for. I'm about to pull the plug on this.

They must be close... In the past week they have gone from only having 11/ 12 ready to having 9/10 available. Remember they are mass producing batches.. Not just individual orders.

So maybe just give them another week or so.. ?

As for the pictures- I'm pretty sure you had to have put that in the notes when you placed the order.. (I'm sure someone just preps the orders and prob only follow the notes on the order) Maybe ask them to update your order to reflect that (if you havnt already)

They must be close... In the past week they have gone from only having 11/ 12 ready to having 9/10 available. Remember they are mass producing batches.. Not just individual orders.

So maybe just give them another week or so.. ?

As for the pictures- I'm pretty sure you had to have put that in the notes when you placed the order.. (I'm sure someone just preps the orders and prob only follow the notes on the order) Maybe ask them to update your order to reflect that (if you havnt already)

The fact that these aren't popping up on eBay like the V2s did is very odd. You would think scalpers would take this chance to charge thousands for these.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back