NIKE MAG Knockoffs

Mine are US 9.5 (though they feel a little oversize, to be honest, and comparing the length to a pair of Reebok Pumps size 10 they are almost exactly the same length - have you found them to feel just slightly oversize?)
The sole's thickness at the toe (measured along the outside) is about 20mm before it starts tapering off - not including the 'boot toe' that everyone complains about with these.
I'll report on my testing to remove some of the hook from the strap tomorrow. GF's hairdryer should soften the glue.

Mine are US9.5 as well and I was expecting them to feel a bit loose but they are actually tight to get on and off. The foam in the toe feels weird. I don't think these are as comfy as the V1s (I did have a US10 in those), but are nice and light on my feet. Been a bit pre-occupied with AP Stormtrooper kits that have arrived to do anything on these shoes.

Yeh they're a little tight to get on and off because of all the elastic I think. But when on and wearing around, felt a little roomy. It made them feel better to wear when I put the orange insoles from Big W in over the top of the stock grey ones, though had to cut those down a little in the toe to make them fit in the shoe.

The hairdryer on the hook part of the strap worked perfectly, it looks like it was attached with double sided tape rather than glue though.
However, if anyone else is going to try this, on mine, the hook came off and left the sticky behind. So I've covered that over with clear sticky tape or it will fill up with dust and stuff very quickly.
As you can see in the photo, I didn't cut off ALL the hook panel, just the part that I was noticing getting caught on the tongue. That way it should still keep the strap where it's supposed to stay.
IMG_3222.JPG

Last edited:
I think for a quick fix (band-aid solution) I will just add a loop section to the inside of the strap. Later I can look at removing the hook. Maybe rub some Metho on the sticky stuff with a cotton bud and that should remove the tacky residue. You could also use acetone, but be careful with that stuff.

How long do you charge the shoes for and how long do you get out of them? I had mine on charge (hooked them to the USB port on my lap top, which look really odd) for about 2 hours and got just under 2 hours from them. Is this normal or does charging them longer give a longer ON time?

sorry, never did pay attention to how long the v2s were charging for as I just leave them connected to the computer and go to sleep. It doesn't look quite as weird with both of the shoes plugged into a full computer I guess. They stay on for somewhere around 3-4 hours I guess. Charging anything through USB always takes longer than through a power point, as Ipods and Ipads will attest. Try leaving it charging overnight and see if they stay lit longer, I guess.

The Chinese knockoffs come in two versions -
[V1 K-MAG] 2011 MAG which is made from PVC and comes in four colours. These are not very accurate and have no lights.
[V2 K-MAG] 2012 MAG which is pretty close RD MAG. These have LEDs in the sole and Heel Cup. They seem to be the closest thing so far.

Glad I am not the only one then :) I am onto my 4th version of these and doing a few things a little different this time. I too will be making scratch soles for this project. My soles will have a clear section and be proper outrigger style soles.

Can't wait to get a pair soon. But by the sounds of it, its going to take some practice till I get them to look right.

Hi all,

is there still a chance to get the "[V2 K-MAG] 2012 MAG" replica somewhere? I checked for Karen Chang but seems not find the MAG's in her shop...
Also is there anybody out there, selling the LED MOD strap?

Thanks,

Really? I am about to place an order from my 2nd pair and her last email suggests she has plenty of stock.

DragonGalvy, do we have a reputable name on this other site? Last I time I bought V1s from this site, I dealt with "Angela".

Um the person I dealt with was Angela Chen and the few things I've ordered from them arrived reasonably quickly and just as advertised. The replica Air Max 90's I bought last year had very low density outsole rubber and wore out quickly with running though, but that's what you get when you pay $40 instead of $150 lol, but the site is legit, as long as you don't mind the western union fee.

it's worth making an order over $200 because then free shipping. Since the v2 MAGS already are, easy. May as well throw a few pairs of v1's in as well, except those red version, yuk. Maybe if it were infra-red or something brighter.
When I replaced the yellow rubber on my black v1's with red, it didn't look too bad, since the swoosh and the nike logos were white.

I ordered my 2nd pair from Karin Chen because she offers buyers protection. Angela wanted me to pay using Western Union last time, and whilst she did deliver, there is no come back if the shoes do not turn up. I might get the V1s from Angela though.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back